How Loud Is a Room of 15 People? (2x Tinnitus Increase?)

Discussion in 'Support' started by HollowZer0, Apr 15, 2018.

1. HollowZer0
      Vegged out

HollowZer0 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure from power tool
      Hey again,
      Last night I was invited to a small social event, not something I get invited to often, so I decided to go. Brought earplugs, wore the earplugs at first, but then felt embarrassed for wearing them at one point, so I took them out. It didn’t seem that loud, but I didn’t check decibels on my phone app so I’m really not sure... Stayed around 3 hours, only the first hour with protection.

This morning I woke up with 2x louder ringing in both ears, when my tinnitus used to only be in my right.

I’m 7 months into my tinnitus suffering caused by noise damage, and recently I also revived a blow to the head resulting in concussion, which has also stepped up the intensity with no sign of backing down.

Will this ringing in my ears ever go away? I think I already know the answer but I’m extremely hopeful. It’s the only thing keeping me alive. I’d just take my life if I didn’t have parents because ever since I got this, life enjoyment has gone down to zero. Even at the social last night, I wasn’t able to relax and enjoy the event at all because I was either stressing about the volume or about the fact that people were seeing and asking me about my plugs. Maybe I should grow out my hair again to better hide them? I shouldn’t have even gone but when all I do otherwise is listen to quiet music at home or go tinker with bicycles, I eventually start hearing my mothers voice in my head saying, “go out there! Live your life! Don’t let what’s in your head stop you from achieving what’s outside.”

I know she’s right and she’s the only thing keeping me alive these past 7 months. Life absolutely sucks and I wish I had no family to hurt so I could just overdose on these drugs and float away from my fucking misery.

Cheers and thank you for hearing me out.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Have a look at pro plugs , Fit flat to your ear and clear..
      My hair is short and no problem wearing them.
      Love glynis

3. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Dude....you are going to be ok. There is no way people talking together at a gathering made your tinnitus worse.

Was there loud music at the party also? It is probably a spike from being anxious about it. Listen, I have an audiologist who has hearing loss from years of sprint car races and indy car races and I asked her how she lives her life with the T she has had for 4 years. She does absolutely nothing different unless she is uncomfortable. She still goes to races with plugs.

I have had my kids these last 9 months screaming in my ear and have been using power tools with plugs and I am fine. I was using plugs so much it was making my ears sensitive and causing spikes every other day. I think you're good. I'm praying you get some peace about tonight....Hang in there.