How to Become Useless (Don't Give Up the Fight)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mithrandir, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      Hello everybody,

I’m Mithrandir, 28 years old, from France, my english isn’t very good but I will try to present myself. To sum up, I’m french soldier (and I had a launch grenade accident at work)

I was young, beautiful, rich, blablabla, I have a wonderful german car (BMW Z4), etc…in 3 months my life became like the hell. Last good memory of my life when I paraded on the « Champs Elysées » for the Bastille Day, national day in France the 14th of july 2015.

I broke up with my american girlfriend the same day because she didn’t want to spend her life in France but I can’t leave France ‘cause I have a very great job. I’m in the army but I command an investigation cell, ‘cause we have two forces of police in France, one is civil and the other military…

In september, during a crowd control exercise I used a launch grenade without earplugs, because I didn’t receive formation to use this weapon and earplugs are not in the doctrine…THAT’S A BIG FAIL FOR MY HEALTH ! But my job is responsible (accident work)... Do I have to make lawsuits ?

I received piracetam & prednisone… I worked a lot, I slept bad, I travelled a lot, 10 days after, I discovered the enjoyment of Tinnitus & Hyperacusis (fullness of the ear of course). My ENT told me, don’t worry take magnesium & bétahistine and said me, you can take the plane and go on holidays…During a trip in central europe, I had increase of T, severe hyperacusis & severe ear pain… I came back in France (2 weeks at home without working)…since november the situation is grave ! A new ENT just gave me vitamine C and said "you're stressed give it time, if you fail, that's cause you're too stressed"…

I began to prepare a big file with all the elements to try understand something at my situation, I discovered a lot of forums, and understand quickly « normal doctors » are completely devoid face to this situations… I needed to find new ways, my audiograms is really good* !

I discovered a french « society » of ENTs called COOPACOU who gave AED drugs at small dosage, you try one 15 days and if no effect you take the next, a sort of TRT, and emotional treatment…better than other doctors, they call T/H a DISEASE ! Incredible :)
      (Neurontin-Tegretol-Acide Valproate-Topiramate-Klonazepam)

They made me an audiograms until 16khz => SURPRISE ! we found big hearing loss between 13khz to 16khz…until that the ENT I met, told me that the stress at my work (burnout…)

IMG_2721.JPG

I realized an interview with a military psychiatry, he said I’m not crazy, depressed, anxious or whatever. Blood analysis are good, no deficiency… Osteopath free my head and told me no problems with cervicales, and the dentist made me a device to sleep and avoid bruxism...

Now I have bilateral T/ H/ ear pain/ headache/ fulness of the ears/ maybe I forget something...

I/ My objectives

In a first time reduce ear pain, H and headache

Fulness of the ears and T will be a luxe

II/ My protocol nowadays

1/ Drugs

Tegretol (200mg each night since yesterday) => seems working, one of the best day I have...

2/ Complements

Ginko

Nac

Spirulina

3/ Activities

Cardiac coherence

Sport

Reading

Pray

4/ In the future

I have boxes of trobalt at home

Try AM 101 (I’m 4 months in…)

LLLT in Norway ? or at home ?

Other ideas ?

PS : TT is the best forum I've never seen with very competent people who tries to save their life !
      PS2 : Tinnitus permits me to improve my english

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 4
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Good you have a trajectory mapped out and there is facility in France that is willing to offer an alternative to traditional medicine. Sport, reading and meditation/prayer can help harden the brain and the body. I read on this forum that at least one person was cured of H by taking Keppra. Perhaps an avenue to consider woth your doctors.
      This will be you toughest battle, keep the faith.
      Pour l'honneur et la gloire!

• Like Like x 1
    3. Charron
      Badass

Charron Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      Big hugs to you,
      My hearing test done at home by myself looks like yours, you are lucky to get the medicine as my dr won't give anything except Prozac!

It's such a shock to the system, hope you feel better soon, hugs from England xx

4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Mithrandir. Hi at least you are setting yourself goals. Tinnitus is a horrible condition to have the worse thing I found when I got tinnitus is that people including the medical profession don't know what it is realy like to have something ringing in your head 24/7 my doctor just told me live with it. Easy for him to say that. He hasn't got to live with it. Only you can find ways to better handle this horrible condition which we live with. I found keeping myself busy helps me not to focus on tinnitus also being on this forum helps. Like I said only you can find the the best ways of handling your tinnitus. Wish you all the very best.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @Mithrandir,

Don't be afraid to experiment with things, because what works for others, might or might not work for you.

One thing about T, is it seems to be as unique to each of us, as individual snowflakes, are to a pile of snow.

Keep trying!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      Why is there such a huge difference in approach with testing hearing loss?How can audiology be taken seriously? when one does use a wide spectrum test and another won't because " what good would that do you? ".

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      That would be @Danny Boy who tried Keppra and found it worked wonders for his hyperacusis. He's also an advocate for using Trobalt, especially in the early months of T it seems to help more. It certainly helped him.

That's gross negligence on the part of the military. Unfortunately all too common. You seem to be handling this quite well. You have a plan and know how you want to proceed. Whatever the outcome, you will have a very good life because you've got a great attitude.

Your girlfriend didn't want to live in France? C'est la WTF. o_O

• Like Like x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Sebastians
      Force et honneur ! Tommorow I'll begin a trobalt cure, for the best or the worst, l'aventure continue !

@Charron
      Big hugs for you, don't give up, find a good doctor...

@Richard zurowski
      Worse than T...the H, it's difficult to stay focus on something with this bullshit... :(

@Sailboardman
      I love your metaphor with snowflakes...

@Dutchy
      My point of view about doctors changed a lot of with my journey in hell...few of them are good, but a lot of pretentious and they try to say "you're crazy"

@Cheza
      I have a plan, that's the only one protection I have to stay calm and don't fall in depression.
      My exgirlfriend prefers California sunshine...no problem...that's the life, I was sad but my new fight is much more exciting (and sad...).

• Like Like x 2
    9. Charron
      Badass

Charron Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      Hope it goes good for u, don't forget to come back! X

10. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      May I ask what are the blue lines on your audiograms?

11. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Ditch all the stuff you are taking or planning to take (especially Tegretol) and go for the AM-101 trial.

edit: @Nucleo the blue lines are his 0-8KHz audiogram and the red lines 8-16KHz. Seems like his ENT got creative with his charts.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Nucleo, @undecided gave you the response :) Yes the doc use just one paper (Blue is 0-8kHz) and red (8-16kHz)

I did 6 audiograms before it in different medical centers. Finally the military GP and civilian ENTs told me that's the "stress" blablabliblablabla...
      My gp when I was young decided to become chiropractor and one day he told me "if a doctor tell you, you're sick because of the stress, just know that's a bad doctor"... so I continued following a good doctor until I found evidence of a real medical problem like my last audiogram shows it !

I made lot of tests (blood, eyes, ears, audiograms, chiropractor, XRAY of jaws, dentist). All is good except the looses on high frequencies.
      I don't know what sort of test can I do now ?

13. drox
      Pacman

drox Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss/music/stress
      Hello French mate !
      It looks like stress can affect the body in many ways including the hearing so I think it is still something to consider (for some of us at least) !
      I'm curious about this could you explain a bit more about the effect of Tegretol please ?

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @drox Finally nothing for tegretol... :( but that's one of the best AED for tinnitus (works very well for T style "type writer")

I think stress can amplify a disease but that's not the reason of the disease. For example, I was on an "commando internship" with a lot of stress exercises blablabli... I was tired, that lasted 15 days, and the last day at 30minutes of the end of the internship I had this acoustic trauma...NO LUCK ! So that's not the stress which created the trauma but I was tired...so yes stress can amplify but that's not the reason of the problem and want

15. drox
      Pacman

drox Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss/music/stress
      Well stress/tiredness +noise looks like a very bad combination for our ears indeed ! No surprise T is the number one disease among war veterans !
      What do you mean by 'type writer' T ?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @drox

I don't knoww, I haven't got this sort of T. like morse code I think.

Viking wrote that :
      "If you have neurovascular problems, it can work reducing the simptoms of 100%. It is old but really important drug!"
      You can find studies about that on the net !