I Can't Hear My Own Voice!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Haru, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Haru
      Artistic

Haru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I've had T in my right ear for three months and with my right ear, I can hear my own voice half of what I hear with my left ear! For outside sounds, I can't tell if I have significant hearing loss. But the change in the level of my own voice is SO significant.

I don't know what to think. It gives me slight panick attacks! Anyone has something to say about this? Why my own voice?!

2. Johno
      Dreaming

Johno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      If you dont hear your voice with r. ear, looks like sudden hearing loss. Go to the ENT immediately. You probably need kortikoids.

3. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Is there any chance you've got mucus in the the eustachian tube? Perhaps from a cold? Or a build-up of ear wax?

4. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      It does sound like hearing loss to me, though I would not be able to guess the cause. Go to your doctor/hospital to get looked at ASAP.

5. Johno
      Dreaming

Johno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      If she doesn't hear hear own voice, it is sensorineural hl.

6. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi,

I have similar hearing, my voice is kind of very low level, very strange...but the audiogramm don't have significant new notches. Everything sounds very damped....
      Probably Tinnits, noise and hi pitched does everything make
      sound so low level...I'm really desperated too, maybe it's because of a cold I had last week with lot of pressure.
      Or could it be a low pitched tinnitus, sometimes the noise feels like subbass....
      I'm going crazy!

7. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      If you had a cold that could have blocked you up, causing the noise distortion. If the doctor has not found anything I would just give it time, though if you haven't been to one I would suggest you go. Better safe than sorry.

8. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      it's conductive hearing loss...

9. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi,
      why do you think it's conductive? I would be happy if so.
      Last week I had a really strange cold who mad my ears feel almost all pressure.
      Now, the cold is much better, but things still sounds very soft.
      And T is very high, 8khz and some white noise.

Greets Tom

10. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      because we hear our voice through conduction in the bones not by air conduction, that's why our voice is so different when we listen to it on a recording :)

11. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      See a doctor to make sure it's not something serious. It could be earwax,fluid in the ear or something more serious. No one here can diagnose you. Hopefully it's nothing but. Get to a doctor good luck.

12. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you for writing me.
      I have been to 2 ENT's in the last days, made 2 audiograms which showed the approx. the same.
      I have hearing loss at 1khz (-30db) and some more (-40db) on 8kz. But this losses established
      in 2003 and I had not a good, but for me an accepted hearing.
      Since this new Tinnitus 8khz occured, I have feeling of pressure in my ears, and I got also
      a cold last week, which seems to be finished now.
      But now I am not sure what it is... Everything sounds so damped... terrible.... and always
      this 8khz hissing.

Does somebody know this too? My voice sound very low level....

Thanks Tom

13. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Are the docotrs aware of this?. If it happened recently see a doctor to make sure it's not sudden hearing loss which they can treat if you see them in time

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Haru
      Artistic

Haru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Dear everyone who answered,

sorry for the late reply, I've been busy. I went to doctors. They don't know the cause, unfortunately! I will check what conductive hearing loss is :(

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Haru
      Artistic

Haru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I've checked conductive hearing loss, and now I'm super anxious and depressed. I can't do ANYTHING about it!! Went to doctors, they can't find anything. I realized I can hear my voice normal if I swallow real hard or if I plug my ear a couple of times, but it works only for a sec, and only sometimes! I'm....arrgghh! ARRRGHHH! So helpless!

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Haru
      Artistic

Haru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Wait, someone said it's sensorineural loss! Oh my god, I think I won't be able to sleep...And it's my birthday...Let's see if crying helps :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. Kimbo Slice
      Balanced

Kimbo Slice Member

Wait if you can pop your ears and your hearing comes back, doesn't that mean you have a ear infection? Everytime I had ear infections I could barely hear and when I plugged my nose to pop my ears I could hear for like 1-5 minutes than it would go back.

18. Preciousgem

Preciousgem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, I'm sign up bc of a specific post
      Hey Haru! Its been a while since u made any posts! I was wondering if u have found any relief for this ear issue. For years, I have been dealing with the same inner ear problems where my voice sounds muffled. I've been to many doctors without any real solutions. I hope u have found relief and some ways to deal with the symptoms. Thanks