I Got Stuck in a Dress

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Holly1987, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Please tell me I'm not the only one who has got stuck in clothing whilst trying it on in the change room.

This morning I went shopping and tried on a lovely dress, turns out it was too small and when I went to take it off I couldn't get it over my shoulders. It was a long and fruitless battle, once exhaustion set in I knew I would have to ask the sales assistant to help me. Luckily she was lovely and we managed to get it off however a button broke so I offered to buy it and she gave it to me for half price. So nice of her!

It was very embarrassing, I shall never return to that shop again.

Ladies, learn from me, if it's a struggle to get it on do not persist. I repeat, do not persist.

• Funny Funny x 9
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      I've done that too. Much more awkward when you're a guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    3. Daniel95
      Tired

Daniel95 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Approximately 01/10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/sinus Infection/headphones/maybe antibiotics
      On the bright side, that sounds like wonderful weight loss motivation (if such a thing is needed of course :)) and a funny story to tell!

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Had a few changing room laughs...never take your children in with you..you never know who is listening...:D:ROFL::LOL::eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
    5. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Although not in a changing room, I had a dress like that in my mid-teens. My mom had to help me get it off.

I remember thinking if I was older and living by myself I'd just have to accept the fact that I'd never get out of it by myself.

It's someone else's problem now. I gave it to a thrift shop. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      @Holly1987

I will take your advice and if it is ever a struggle, I shall not persist, lol!

However, I did get locked in a school bathroom once and to say I panicked would be an understatement. The firetrucks were called and the door had to be broke down.

Three very tall, very handsome firefighters were there when I was "rescued." All in all, it ended very well.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Not to the point of having to have help from a sales assistent or destroying it to get it of, but I have experienced trying on a top or dress and it being so snug that I panicked a bit and started sweating very much trying to get it off......but it always came of after some struggle:D

Not quite the same but I got stuck in a kids rollercoaster once, they had this small belt you could put over your chest and shoulder like a seat belt, and of course I had to put it on (I was scared of coasters, hence why I was on a kid's ride) When the ride was over and it was time to get up, OH BOY! I could not get that damn thing off, I pulled that thing so hard, started sweating and tried my best but I was STUCK, meanwhile a line of people was waiting to get on the rollercoaster.....In the end it came off, but boy was I embarassed and my friends who I was with laughed their asses off:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    8. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      It's been close calls, but luckily I had someone there to get me out. After a few of those incidents if I can't easily pull it on I don't try it. I actually tend to buy all my close on the large size. Comfort first.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      Sorry for laughing, but that made me smile. Sorry you got in that situation but it’s great you can smile about it. It happened to me once last year, I tried some skinny jeans on and didn’t like them, so I was trying to take them off and they got stuck on my bum.... as I was trying to roll them down I lost my footing and flew out of the changing room (no door only a curtain) I landed on my face, but what I didn’t notice was I had rolled my boxers down with the jeans and I had my bare bottom smiling at everybody. The poor shoppers just looked at me and a few giggled and a shop assistant came over and put a shirt overnight my bum. Unlike you I have no shame and have been back to the shop a few times. The shop assistant who put the shirt over my bum always says “try and keep your pants and not flash the shoppers please” she’s joking obviously (well I think she is)

• Funny Funny x 4
    10. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::LOL:

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      It was like something out of a movie :ROFL: good job I had been upping my squats

• Funny Funny x 1