I Hate the Weekends :)

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Nov 26, 2017.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      The weekends are so boring for me, tinnitus doesn't help either. I sit here watching tv (cannot even fully hear, what is said on it) and I'm bored out of my mind. I feel like going to somewhere that people, hangout at. The only issue is that for the last 2 days the tinnitus has been way louder (spikes are intense) and I have no need to hear loud noises, at all.

Does the weekends, get you guys down at all? My weekdays are filled with martial arts, lifting weights and I see some people. On weekends it's so boring and a bit lonely. What do you guys do, on your weekends... to make the time pass by?

Take care :)

PS- I do go out, if there is something to do, but there is nothing to do right now....

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I have never "gone out" as an adult. It holds as much appeal to me as sex with a horse.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I recover from the work week on the weekends. I dislike the weekends, but work is even worse.

I pretty much relax, watch TV series, and work on projects around the house. Not very exciting.

I'm assuming you live alone too?

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Flamingo1

Flamingo1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I moved from to a big city to a small town by myself and I have no idea where to go to meet people so I don't. I used to go to hear music or catch a live show but now I'm afraid to go near those places even with ear plugs for fear of making my tinnitus worse! At work, no one talks and they're mostly older than me which makes work just as bad/asocial as the weekends. I'm thinking of moving back to a bigger city soon just to be around more people, even if I don't know them. My coping mechanism has been to make up a bunch of errands to run on weekends to wear myself out.

Maybe you could hit the gym in Saturdays to extend your routine into the weekend? BTW, whatever happened with that girl you were talking of asking out?

5. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      I and the Mrs. put our packs on and head for mountains and walk sometimes up to 5 hours

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Friday nights Me and hubby meet up with my Sisters and brother and brother inlaws at a lovely pub in the coutry.
      Saturday shopping and out with hubby or quiet night in.
      Sunday afternoon with my inlaw.
      Spending time on TT and the TH facebook group and house work etc.
      And family time with sons and gfs and grandsons.
      Love glynis

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I tend to fill all my days with stuff to do, more or less by necessity. Today I'm driving around doing random shopping with my kid to give my wife a break

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      I walked to the library and got a bunch of books on pressure cooking. T was raging the whole time and it was super annoying, but on the bright side I'll soon know how to use a pressure cooker ;) .

• Like Like x 2
    9. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      I love weekends!
      Mostly because my job has been quite stressful for a year now with heavy burden so weelends off is a bless.
      Also I play a lot of video games so it takes off my attention from T 10/10 times.

• Like Like x 2
    10. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You should teach me, or let me know if you find any good recipes. :) I have a pressure cooker that I have never used.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      my 2 day spikes from hell are much better and looking forward to regular weekdays :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Hello dear @Flamingo1
      Did this help? What about work?

13. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Making plans for the weekend helps.
      If heath issues stop what you plan that weekend then Look forward to it when up to it....
      A nice walk is just as good and refreshing.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    14. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      I try to see my friends and sometimes my family (only sisters and brother, with their children)...

But I love to stay quiet at my home, even if it is very small... ;)

Maybe you can decide to try activities like outside sport or martial arts in the weekends ? @fishbone

You seem to be a very good guy !

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Making any plans, is better than nothing. I am going to possibly go to some nice art museums next weekend or something that involves nature :) . I hate having no activities, on the weekends.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      I can understand... But to me I love having nothing planned for the weekend... ;)

So that I can do whatever I want to ! Sleep, eat, read, go on the computer, watch sports, movies and other on TV... :D

But sometimes I like to have just one thing either Saturday or Sunday...

17. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      @fishbone
      I think @glynis is correct when she says you have to make plans...whatever those plans are.
      I have found its better to be doing something, like being on a long walk (with T) rather than sitting at home lost and listening to T.
      At least with the former you may get a few momments of distraction.
      I think the lack of plans makes some people anxious or angry at themselves. This makes T worse I think.
      Mr T loves us being inactive and in silence...
      I hope your spike has settled Champ !

• Like Like x 3
    18. Flamingo1

Flamingo1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi @vermillion, small towns are too boring for me even though my current hometown is much better for my ears in terms of noise levels!! (no honking cars, sirens, etc) Though I usually never know anyone, I always feel less like I'm missing out on life when I'm around a lot of people.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My weekends are kinda becoming a lot more fun. At least lately :)

Lately i'm going to this nice buffet with 4 women. 3 of them are good friends and one of them....I am slowly working my magic on her and she's becoming mesmerized by me. After the buffet we go to their house and sing some karaoke. Not too loud but still fun. I'll keep you updated on my progress :)

I don't have martial arts classes on weekends, so I have to be creative. Please do not start singing karaoke either. This is what I do, you could plant tulips or daisy flowers if you like :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Is this the life of a T sufferer? Trying to find distractions until they finally die?

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey, my ringing in my ears are pretty loud and intrusive but i still enjoy my life :)

I can tolerate things that most can't. I am not recommending for folks to do what I do, but I will enjoy and live my life to the fullest.

BTW, if i had not habituated to my tinnitus, non of this would ever be possible. You can read my numerous posts on habituation.....

22. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I admire your strength.
      It's unpleasant but I think if my T ever got as bad as yours I would kill myself.
      I am at my wit's end already. I do not enjoy working out or being social or probably most other things you like. I am an introverted wallflower who wants to stay at home and roleplay. Dreaming of being in fantasy, of being another person, of imagining and writing and pretending. These things cannot be with distractions, distractions have to be cleared for them.

Seems a lot of people concur and it makes it seem like a T sufferer must distract themselves or there is no hope for their sanity. I need mental clarity to be imaginative. Daydreams are what have fueled my life. Now my life is powered with bitterness, regret, hatred for others, and hatred for myself.

I am obsessive. Most people wouldn't call the lengths at what I pursued my obsessions healthy. The way I see it, it is what I live for. Without them my life is meaningless and my identity stolen.

Pointless rambling? But what does it mean...
      well, if I have to live a life of distractions then I do not want to live. The lifestyle that is discouraged in this thread is exactly what I want to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    23. marc 1974 london

marc 1974 london Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      How can you judge how bad his is ?

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I understand your point. I also know that your tinnitus is relatively new and it's a challenge for you. My tinnitus is beyond garbage and it will not improve. I do push the envelope a little, but I know my tolerance level and that's just how I am wired. Distraction is key for me in my life and has always been key for me. I have had a lot of horrible ordeals in my life and the gym/martial arts has saved me and gave me a purpose in life.

I was like you when I first got tinnitus and I know just how scary and rattling it can be. It's good to protect your ears and play it safe. After 30 years, I know how my body/ears/mind works and can do stuff that doesn't bother me. I have tried many things and had lots of trials and tribulations with my tinnitus and my life in general.

I have always had a fun spirit and adventurous side to me. Tinnitus never took that from me, I still enjoy my life but to take caution when it's needed as well. Each of us are different and this is basically how I am wired. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable and I never advise anyone to do what I do or be like me.

Be you and be comfortable doing what you can tolerate :)

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When you can stand on the side of the freeway and your tinnitus is louder than the freeway. How bad do you think that is? Mine is VERY loud and intrusive, so it's pretty bad....

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Is it always that volume or does the volume fluctuate? For example, sometimes as loud as a freeway and sometimes as loud as a dishwasher.

I realize you have hearing loss, and I think that can truly add to tinnitus severity. It’s difficult to hear around tinnitus when you cannot hear.

27. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      ?
      Sorry to hear you are suffering so much, Red.
      What were you doing before you had T? Can you slowly get back to your previous routines and modify your activities if needed?
      Take care.

• Like Like x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My tinnitus has remained at the same level of intensity. My normal level is heard even if i stand on the side of the freeway. It's pretty loud and intrusive and I have habituated to it. There are times when it can get even louder and become truly hellish for me. My level of tolerance is pretty high, I don't get rattled that easily.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes my hearing loss does play a role in my tinnitus, I firmly believe it as well....

30. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can't. I have had chronic pain for 2 years prior tinnitus. A lot of the suggested distractions/hobbies to bury myself in I cannot do because they put me in pain. The only "safe" activity is TV which requires absolutely zero input. Not my preferred "hobby." I have a pre-pain hobby I want to get back into. Not impossible but very difficult.

Mostly I am having trouble with not focusing on the T and want to be able to find some creativity again.

I was beginning to cope with pain until I got tinnitus. Now I am stressing out over both. @fishbone understands because he has both but I just do not have the mental willpower he has.

• Agree Agree x 1