I Have Always Been Sensitive to Sounds and Noises

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Ticking clock, certain pitches that kind of thing. I even bought a TV many years ago that I had to return because of a high pitch squeal that only I heard. Just curious if any other T suffers had the same experience.

2. RAY
      Lurking

RAY Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus in left ear
      Hi Leah the sound that really spikes my T is car tyres on a wet road just after its been raining

Ray :arghh:

3. Eric
      Balanced

Eric Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2012
      This is funny because when I was young I preferred watching TV with closed captioning. Now 30 years later, after starting T which gives me a 85% hearing loss on most frequencies, I have no choice but to watch TV with closed captioning. But there is a good side to this, if the the TV squeals I do not know.

4. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Yep. I was with a friend recently, and was sad because I had to hold my ear and go "jesus christ man don't talk so fucking loud" but then I remembered I used to do that when I was with him before my T as well lol.

But the answer is yes.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Sad isn't it? My daughter's voice can get loud and I find myself putting my hands over my ears:(

6. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I think some of us may have been sensitive to sounds before T and not really realized it until we got T.

7. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      No he's just extremely loud I think there's something wrong with him lol. I just tell him to shut up and we laugh about it, I guess it isn't that easy with your daughter.

8. TJPositive
      Fine

TJPositive Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yep, I even had a similar experience with a squealing TV. I managed to deal with it though.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/external-tinnitus-noise-could-it-have-made-an-impact.2125/

I think T has made me slightly phobic of certain sounds. Yesterday my T spiked for seemingly no reason so I decided to go for a walk and see if that helped at all. (which it did on the walk) I walked up this bush path that I used to ride my bike on, which was also a path people took their dirtbikes sometimes. Due to it being a windy day with trees blowing everywhere I thought I could hear dirtbikes in the distance most of the walk so I was constantly paranoid about one zooming around a corner and going right past me out of the fear it could worsen my T.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Same here TJ, am very paranoid of being suddenly exposed to loud noise. I carry my earplugs everywhere, darn T has taken over my life.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Sherri, same thing. My husband was doing yard work and was carrying the leaf blower and I almost panicked at the thought of him turning it on.

• Like Like x 1