I Have Both Tinnitus and Pulsatile Tinnitus — The Latter Is Triggered by Certain Body/Head Movements

Discussion in 'Support' started by Muttley, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Muttley

Muttley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all!

I have been suffering from tinnitus for two months. It's high-pitched and in both ears, slightly louder in the left ear. However, sometimes (and only sometimes) does my left ear turn into pulsatile tinnitus with a pressure sensation if I bend over, tilt my head to the left, or drop my head all the way back while I am standing up. The whooshing sound correlates with my heartbeat. I don't know if this would be considered pulsatile in the traditional sense, considering my tinnitus is high pitched ringing 24/7 with occasional pulsatile.

I went to my regular doctor last week and she stated my ear canals are very dry and inflamed (eczema, woo!). Otherwise the ear is clean, ear drum in-tact. Other notable symptoms include a random wet popping sound in both ears randomly, a clicking sound in both ears when I speak or when I blow out through my mouth, a sharp stabbing pain in both ears several times throughout the day, occasional fluttering sensation in both ear canals like a muscle spasm.

I thought it might be Eustachian tube related since my tonsils were red and swollen, and I'm getting a clicking noise in my ears like my tubes are closing or opening so I started taking Flonase last week. I have an appointment with an ENT in a month from now, but I wanted to connect with people and see if they had similar stories. It's stressful. :(

2. Keith D Mitchell
      Alone

Keith D Mitchell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No Idea
      The clicking sound is similar to what I developed back in February 2021. Random sounds, walking, talking, blowing my nose, exhaling all cause my right ear to click. My ear also has clear liquid that discharges, never colored. That sounds stops whenever the stimuli stop. I've tired Flonase, Sudafed, and nothing.

ENT looked at me, said I was fine. I complained and they had me do an MRI that showed nothing. Then they scheduled an allergy test which is finally next week.

I definitely think I have ETD, but again I'm at the mercy of the ENT.

3. cconnor42
      Scurvy

cconnor42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I get the clicking and the occasional pulsatile tinnitus when bending over. It was patulous eustachian tubes.