I Just Can't Do It...

Discussion in 'Support' started by iAzra, May 24, 2015.

1. iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma, Stress, Nose hit
      I broke a tooth while eating.. And now it is a large hole.. Today I broke another one, next to it.. no more fried food for me, I guess.. I did went to see dentist for the first one but haven't found the carriage to go back to actually do the repair. They also wanted to X-ray my thooth and I am scared that even that, X-rays can hurt my hearing cells.

I just can't do it.. I try to imagine those drills loud.. and don't know HOW on earth should I stand that high frequencies without my ear plugs and if I put in some it would be even worse and louder cause of the bone conducting..

I was sitting in my tub today after the second one broke and cough myself thinking that I can't see a way out from this.. Even with laser work, if possible on my deep decays, after putting a filling, the need to adjust it with drill..

I am desperate. bad teeth, not being able to eat against terrible noise experience which will hurt my ears and possible make some permanent hearing loss and x-rays..

Scared and desperate.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Men you must not give up. I personally have also lots of teeth problems and I also feel like there is no escape for me. It all started with unnecessary root canal and after over one year I still have issues. I just hope some day all this nightmare stops all together with t going to hell.

3. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      You broke two teeth by eating... This is a lot more concerning than T. You need to get checked out first.

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      IAzra, you must get those teeth taken care of, could lead to a very serious problems. Here in the US, some dentists use
      Nitrous Oxide. It knock you out until he is all done. you will not know, hear, or feel anything. Ask you're dentist if he uses this or find a dentist that does. X-rays will not cause your tinnitus to go up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I had that problem...I just stuck a filling in it, but don't worry about the x-ray, as the radiation you can counter-act with chlorella, it'll bind with it and flush it out of your system. And get some ear plugs for the drill. Where there's a will there's a way.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @gary Have you used this gas? I am worried also how it will affect my hyperacusis...

@Danny Boy Xan you reccomend some specific chlorella?

@Nucleo I know.. one had cavity and one is already without nerve so I was said they are more fragile.. I think I could use some cqalcium though..

@bwspot I hope so too :)

7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi iArza, I have not used this gas, the trips to the dentist do not bother me. I know people who have used the gas though and said they did not hear or feel a anything. You will have to find a dentist that will use this method, but it will be worth it:huganimation:

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What about laser? Did anyone try laser? What sounds does it make? As I understand there is no vibrations..

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, i did Googled it, but I'd like to hear first hand experence froma person with H or T.. thank you..

11. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Have you ruled out the Nitrous Oxide gas?

12. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Any chlorella will do. Good luck.

13. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I would go through it awake, that way you can monitor what's happening. There is no protection in being unconscious, seems a little rediculous that you would risk your T getting worse with the gas just to save an hour of anxiety.

• Agree Agree x 3
    14. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      I agree with Telis. You want to be awake. But I would discuss your condition with your dentist and see if he/she has any recommendations to lessen the noise. I recently got my teeth cleaned and the hygienist wanted to use a sonic instrument. I told her about my tinnitus but she wanted to try it. But the sound was really, really loud. So I told her to do it manually.

Regarding drilling, I would not be afraid of a normal dentist drill. I've had one filling and some dental issues that involved extensive drilling since I've gotten tinnitus and have experience NO long term side effects. In fact, nothing happened. No spike, nothing. I did wear ear plugs throughout the drilling and could still hear the procedure. But the drill did not get too loud. It was muffled and not bad at all.

But I strongly suggest you avoid anything sonic. That sound is just horrific, even without tinnitus. But a normal drill should be fine! :) :)

15. LillianLexicon97
      Depressed

LillianLexicon97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise: Headphones
      I'm really interested in this laser that you guys keep talking about. I've been having dental problems, too and would like to avoid the drill at all cost. :nailbiting:

16. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      The laser can only do surface cavities, any deep decay the drill is needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Here are a few articles on the use of lasers in dentistry, including fillings. The first article is the best, however, in explaining why the slow adoption among dentists in the US, which include high costs of lasers and the unwillingness of the ADA to endorse the use of lasers in dentistry. That said, I'd like to find a dentist who uses lasers for fillings. They are superior in most circumstances.

• Informative Informative x 2
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am seriosly thinking about laser, I have asked few dentists about my big holes and they said it is possible so I am going to go to few of them to see.. Laser also makes a sound, poping sound.. I'm not sure how I'll like that.. but at least there is no vibrations through bones..

19. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If you are so very scared try and find a dentist who will do it under either gas to relax you or put you under anaesthetic so you can sleep through it.

20. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I didn't go. Still. And few days ago began to hurt. On the other side. Just my luck :(

22. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Hi iAzra, I know how much fear can take hold in situations like this, but it's really important to go get your teeth fixed, I think. The sooner you go, the less work they will have to do.

I do not think the drill, the nitrous oxide or a vallium (if your dentist prescribes) are likely to hurt your T or H. I think the fear is what is hurting you most.

Find a dentist you trust, let them know how you're feeling and get those teeth fixed. You will feel SO much better after everything is all fixed up and the amount of stress and worry that will be off your shoulders will surely help everything be easier, too. I wear bose noise-cancelling headphones and listen to a little silly music when I have dental procedures done. No joke, this is what I listened to when I had teeth pulled when I had braces as a kid:
      Ebay Parody Song - Weird Al Yankovic

Just listen to that on repeat, it's hard too feel to serious ;)

Hang in there and let us know how it goes.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for your encouragingpost :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    24. J M

J M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Wouldn't do any good, would it? I mean, compromised hearing would still be exposed to a dentist's drill via sound and vibrations.

25. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      iAzra I developed H in 2014 and had many dental appointments between then and 2016.The X-ray which I had done 3 times literally had no effect on my T or H whatsoever!It was a bit squeaky which was annoying if anything.As far as the drilling goes you have two options,you ask for the on off procedure where as they drill for a few seconds and then stop to give you a break.In my experience this can sometimes be worse as the whole procedure takes much longer than it should do.The next option which s what I do is get one tooth done at a time and ask them to not use the drill for too long or if it's unnecessary.Never had a problem this way :) Hope this helps.