I Might Be Getting Better, Not Sure

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ricardo1991, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Hi there,

My name is Ricardo. I live in Denver, CO. I'm happily married to my husband and I think I might be improving either that or I'm habituating.

I'll admit, I'm a lurker; I feel like I check into this website every day since I got tinnitus. (Actually, my therapist told me to stop because it was making my condition worse because I found myself reading the horror stories over and over again, thus losing hope that my life will ever be the same. Not to say that you guys are bad, I've read a few positive stories on here as a matter of fact.)

I didn't really want to join this forum because it almost felt too real to join like as if I was being sucked into something that I shouldn't. Anyways, I feel like I've tried every "cure" under the sun and nothing is really working for me. Mine isn't as bad as others, I think, like every day it changes. Like today I hear a mixture of static and eeeeeeeee. I've been dealing with it for 2 months already, I'm not sure it'll go away and I've come to accept that (sort of).

I am thinking of seeing the tinnitus clinic here in Denver in a few weeks if I don't see more improvement. I might have another audiogram done in a month just to check on the progress of my hearing. I am pretty bummed that this happened, but I guess it's really more common than we think. I'm the youngest of eight. Four of my siblings have tinnitus and my mom too (I'm guessing this might be genetic).

I've been trying a bunch of different things, seems like Traditional Chinese Medicine seems to be helping some.

I've had a bunch of acupuncture sessions and it was getting better.

I'm going to start qigong after my husband showed me this article:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/my-life-was-a-war-against-noise-1.517024

It's going to be a lifelong process I think, but my siblings and my boss pretty much told me that I'll get used to it with time. For the longest time I refused to accept that, but lately I've been thinking welp, this might be the only thing I can do.

Anyways, hi to everyone; hope you're having a good day. It's bright out today so I'm going for a walk. Keep the faith that your life will get better, if anything tinnitus will go away (I say this after reading a thread of a man who's tinnitus went away after 20+ years). Let's try and be happy and stuff. Please don't comment anything negative on this thread as we already have so much of that floating around on this forum (drove me so crazy).

If you're interested in which supplements I'm taking;

Er ming zuo ci wan - 8 pills, 3x a day.
      Long dan xie gan wan - 8 pills 3x a day

Legit, I started hearing a difference after I started the Er ming. Didn't work instantly, but noticed the tinnitus less after a few days.

Also, any suggestions on getting better sleep? I take Melatonin and drink lavender tea. I already had sleep issues before tinnitus though.

Ricardo

2. Eric92315

Eric92315 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Ricardo1991, my sister suggested that I take "long dan xie gan wan." I figure that I should research it so I searched this forum and your post happened to be the only one that came up.

Are you still taking er ming zuo ci wan or long dan xie gan wan?

Thanks!

Eric

3. Sayeed

Sayeed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      I love the positivity in your post. A positive mindset can't be understated.

Its funny my doctor said the same thing today. Get off the chat groups. While it's true people that have improved have moved on with their lives but I still feel this community is different. I responded by asking him to join Tinnitus Talk and see for himself. Lol.

I'm definitely interested in hearing more about Chinese medicine.

I read this article the other week. Very interesting.

Tinnitus: How an alternative remedy became the only weapon against the ringing

• Like Like x 3
    4. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
    5. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Check the Wim Him thread.

@MrC6688 had positive results with Saraswati Churna (Ayurvedic medicine) but stopped after two days due to high blood pressure. I also spoke to two people who have had positive results with TCM and acupuncture. One person told me that they didn’t realize that their tinnitus of about 5 years was gone after doing weekly sessions of acupuncture until several months later. One day she just woke up and realized it wasn’t there anymore and hadn’t been there since doing the acupuncture. Depending on the cause of tinnitus, I think Eastern medicine can help a lot more than the current Western medicine we have right now.

• Agree Agree x 2