I Need Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sugarsharr2, Jan 17, 2017.

1. sugarsharr2

sugarsharr2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1947
      I live in Santa Barbara, CA. I have had Tinnitus all of my life as did my mother. My tinnitus has increased to the point it has me bedridden. I need the Name of a Dr. that treats Tinnitus in my area or close. I am 81 years old. I have asked my doctors they have no answer. Sharr

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Have a read up on Nortryptaline for sever tinnitus my doctor put me on 50 mg and made a massive improvement and stopped my head tinnitus,drone tinnitus and took the edge off my high pitch tinnitus...so don't give up...
      I hope I look as lovely as you at 81....lots of love Glynis

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @glynis. I'm sure you will look fab at 81 mother Glynis ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Aww bless you my son......lots of love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
    5. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      I have to admit that I had to look closer at your profile picture when I read that you're 81. I would never have guessed that! :)

Unfortunately I can't provide much help as I'm on the other side the globe. Hopefully someone else here will provide you with the information that you need soon.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sugarsharr2

sugarsharr2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1947
      Thanks for your interest. :)

7. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Sharr,

Welcome to the site!

First off, if you are in fact 81 and that is your legit photo, you look simply amazing for your age!

As for a "doctor that treats tinnitus", your best bet would go to your friendly, neighborhood ENT to get your ears and sinuses checked out, followed by a hearing test. That is the initial step you should take. If the hearing test indicates that you have hearing loss (which unfortunately is common as we age), it may be advisable to take a serious look into hearing aids, which could help abate the tinnitus. Good luck!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sugarsharr2

sugarsharr2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1947
      Thank you, I have already done those things. I have some Los Angeles leads to contact. Just got them today :)

• Like Like x 1
    9. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      House ear institute, probably best ear clinic in USA !its in LA
      Dom

10. Cathleen

Cathleen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Was told the hairs are damaged, after going to a chiropracto
      Hi my name is Cathleen. I've had tinnitus for a year now. It's such a pain I thought it was 2 years. I got it after a session with a chiropractor. I got my neck cracked as I did for tge last 3 months every week. I went to sleep that night. I experiences vertigo, nacious ness, and tinnitis. I had to go through therapy. The nacious ness and vertigo went away, the tinnitis stayed constant everyday high piched. I was told the hairs near the cochlea are damaged and I have significant loss in one ear. Has anyone had similar problems after neck manipulation?

11. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had a number of neck injuries leading up to the event that triggered my worsened T, but nothing quite as dramatic / smoking gun as you are describing. Do they think you have a vascular event of some kind? I don't see how chiro could hurt your ears unless it disrupted blood supply.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sugarsharr2

sugarsharr2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1947
      I have had Tinnitus since I was a Child. I am 81 years old. It recently increased double the hi pitch sound after I had a face, and neck lift. I do believe the neck has something to do with my new problem. I am going to get widex Zen hearing aids I tried the once before and decided they were too much work. Good luck, Sharr

13. Florida John

Florida John Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise, and possible head trauma
      did you get the hearing aids? if so how are they working for you? any help with the T?

14. Florida John

Florida John Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise, and possible head trauma
      Hearing aids amplify things, so wondering if that would make louder? anyone?

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sugarsharr2

sugarsharr2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1947
      I got the Zen Windex hearing aids they are of no help. I saw a new Dr he thought it might be because my dentures don't let me chew right. He recommended lipoflavonoid. I've already tried those pills with no luck. Thank God I have this support group. I asked about support groups here locally. The doesn't seem to be any. I want to thank the people that responded to my plea for help. ♡