I Need Some Support!

Discussion in 'Support' started by CrystalB, Apr 26, 2018.

1. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I usually try to stay positive! But I woke up and my tinnitus is super loud, sometimes my volume varies, I don’t know why but it does.

This morning I woke up to get ready for work at 3:30 am, and I don’t know how I’ll make it thru the day.

I told my husband I’m about ready to give up, I’m so tired of this, I feel drained having to deal with this and the emotions that come with it, and no doctor can tell me the reason I got this out of the blue one morning!

My husband tells me not to give up.

I need my job and I know I need to work to make my living, but how can I work with tinnitus?

Sometime I can’t even talk to people because it’s so hard to concentrate!
      I’ve been on nose spray for over two weeks and I can’t tell a difference in my ringing. The ENT told me I have a dysfunction with my tubes in my ears, but doesn’t know if my ringing is coming from that, my ears feel full.

I’ve dealt with this for 6 going on 7 long months! Why is this not going away??

• Hug Hug x 11
    2. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      I know crystalB it hard to get out of bed with loud noise. Then have to go to work,then working to hear this noise. I do it too have to pay my bills. This what make it more difficult. Got to stay strong for your family. Keep believe one day you will wake up and hear silence. God blessings.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Nothing I can do but give you this hug! I know exactly how you are feeling this am. Life can be a struggle on some days with tinnitus; we can just do our best and hope for a better day tomorrow.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @CrystalB ,
      Keep using the nose spray and add a daily antihistamine to reduce mucous and see how you get on.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 3
    5. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma

Not to sound like a broken record, but when it comes to things pressure related, I always recommend trying a session in the HBOT chamber...it just might work for you.

• Like Like x 1
    6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Tinnitus is unpredictable. Many things can trigger it and make it more annoying. There are times when even I wake up with louder tinnitus. We may not 100% understand why this happens....but it happens.

The key is to remain calm (yes, it's easier said than done), this is crucial. Your tinnitus is already going crazy. If the tinnitus emotionally jolts you, then it becomes a bigger mess. In my 30 years living with this horrible ordeal, I have learned that being calm IS A MUST. Yes, we don't want to be calm, we want to express our dislike for this venom, but in the end...it simply makes matter worst.

I tell you this, because I been at these crossroads millions of times. My tinnitus is super loud and it will cover any masking noise that I can use. The whole point is to not have the masking noise be louder than your tinnitus (this works for me). Put on some nature sounds, control your breathing and just relax.

Some will say, how can i relax when the noise is there. I will tell you this much. My noise is beyond loud, beyond intrusive. Because of the tinnitus I have a bit of BP issues. When I really want to relax and not let the tinnitus win, I have BP readings of 125/72. Yes, the tinnitus volume has not changed, but how my mind is reacting to the noise has.

Anxiety, rage,stress, paranoia all in the end affect your tinnitus and will rattle your soul. Be good to yourself and be blessed :)

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @CrystalB I had a bad day yesterday too, I completely understand. Some days it's just so overwhelming, I've had some pretty dark thoughts the last few months. I take it one day at a time and constantly tell myself "I will get used to this"

I know it's sounds so cliche but it will get easier, in time our brains will adapt and it will simply be a mere annoyance at worst.

• Like Like x 4
    8. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I'm not sure if this would help or not but have you ever tried the Eustachi device? Would it be safe to use with ear tubes?

9. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Life is all about adaptation. If something or a situation arises we can adapt to it. It's not an overnight process, but the adaptation can happen IF WE LET IT! Fighting it, denying it, being angry, stress..etc. will not let this happen.

It's a choice all of us can make. I sit at my desk with a super loud, crazy, intrusive beast hammering me. I don't treat my tinnitus as the enemy. By doing this it has no power over me, or my emotions.

In life whatever we give power to, it can either help us or harm us. I can write such posts because...I have been at the bottom of the barrel. I seen just how chaotic and unforgiving life can be. It's lessons I learned and use to make my life better and to help those that suffer.

In the end we make the choices and i choose to not let this venom rattle me......

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    10. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      @fishbone

Your post brings to mind a quote that I repeat over and over to myself, mostly at night before I go to bed...

~It all begins and ends in your mind. What we give power to, has power over us, if we let it~

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What is a HBOT Chamber?

12. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      CrystalB, sorry I’m late to reply but I agree with fishbone. In the early days tinnitus is a horrendous ordeal, but it really does get better with time when we learn to accept it. It sounds like a slap in the face, and believe me, I hated posts like this 3 years ago, but it’s true for the majority of people. I still remember waking in the night and being sick to my stomach at the raging noises in my head. I couldn’t get out of bed for a week at all. I couldn’t see how life could be lived with this incessant noise filling my head and ears, but 3 years on, it doesn’t bother me anymore.

Try not to be too hard on yourself and take baby steps. Don’t force yourself to ignore it because you will only focus on it more; instead divert your attention to other things. Try taking up a new hobby that deeply interests you. I also remember struggling to hold a conversation because the noise would drown people out, but for me that’s also not a problem anymore. Believe me, I must have read hundreds of threads on here and I hated habituation stories. All I wanted was a cure, and I spent over a year looking for it. At some point I knew I had to accept it, and you know what? When I dropped my guard and stopped obsessing over it I improved immensely. There’s something to be said about how our CNS processes things, particularly how our emotions control the tinnitus perception. It is like the epicentre. The more stressed you are about it the worse it will be.

Go easy on yourself and have faith in the fact that millions of people around the world live awesome lives with intrusive tinnitus.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    13. Wolfears

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Hyperbaric chamber

14. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      ++1 @Ed209 post above. I would not recommend the HBOT chamber either. Could seriously make things worse for CrystalB

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      True , at some point we have to. Make perfect sense. Entire post was helpful.

17. Wolfears

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ok maybe you're right...never thought that could happen.

• Like Like x 1
    18. KVfitpro

KVfitpro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown—likely prolonged stress
      Norwaygirl:
      I would like to know if you had a counselor or someone to help you with the TRT. Your post was encouraging

19. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      I was in the exact place Crystal. I remember saying the same words to my husband. Eventually I started meditation/hypnosis therapy with a therapist to help me with the anxiety and stress and lack of sleep.

It was interesting and I sort of took it up as a hobby at first. And that helped me focus on something else.

QUOTE="CrystalB, post: 330044, member: 30821"]I need my job and I know I need to work to make my living, but how can I work with tinnitus?

What type of work are you doing now? What is the most difficult aspect for you with the tinnitus?

The good thing right now is that you are doing it!

20. Fleegle
      Doubtful

Fleegle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is that what it is @glynis ? How can I do that - reduce mucous?