I Think It's Allergies

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sandi McInnes, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Sandi McInnes

Sandi McInnes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      I have no idea the exact date it started. I have noted that it is definitely affected by anything with chocolate in it also caffeine makes it scream. I do avoid all sugar, I use sweeteners instead (liquid splenda) which so far has no effect on the volume.. I am learning as I go as to what foods I am sensitive to and can pretty much control it that way... It is never completely gone but it does calm down when I avoid the contributors. It screams when I slip and eat something unknowingly that had chocolate in it.. I love Chocolate!! :(

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Coffee is a known stimulant to trigger or aggravate T. If you cut back on it and it calms your T, then you may be right. There are other things like excessive sugar, salt, caffeine, alcohol, MSG etc which can make T worse. I like chocolate too but I need to watch the sugar as a border line diabetic person. I can take sugar substitute like Stevia for example for sweetness. But are there decaffeinated chocolate? Lol. Anyways, take good care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1