I Would Rather Have My Arm Ripped Off Than Live with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joel31, May 4, 2017.

1. Joel31

Joel31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello. Does anyone think they are going to actually go crazy from the constant high pitched noise that appears to be in your brain, and not in your ears?

How such an annoying, piercing noise can invade someones life like this is beyond me. Is it normal to think... "I would rather put up with the pain of having my arm completely ripped off, then put up with this for my entire life"?

Sometimes I think that I will be sent to a mental hospital because one day I will snap and go loopy. :eek: Maybe it's just me focusing on it. I seem to be super sensitive to sound. When my wife vacuums or my kiddies scream I actually block my ears like a psychopath, then I realise that I can hear my tinnitus even louder. My ears hurt, and I feel pressure in them.

Doesn't it just completely suck when something so utterly ridiculous can effect your everyday life so immensely in the blink of an eye?

Am I just over thinking the whole thing? Just a little vent, thank you for listening friends.

2. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Well you can't change it so be happy with what you got. You could have terminal cancer or any other bad thing, now you just have an invisible friend who is talking to you and you can't understand him/her ;) ... run around with proper hearing aids and do not be afraid of sound. I would rather die to have save two of my best friends who died in accidents, but I can't. Life never gave me this option... Life is not about the cards you get, it is about how you play them. So yes you can rip your arm off still the sounds will stay .. you can go crazy but is YOUR CHOICE .. you also live a 99% awesome life .. with a small handicap... trust me I have been through bad phases too, and always came out smiling and full of gratitude that it was not something worse.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      I think it just takes time. The way you describe you T is exactly like mine. High pitched nonsense. Plugging my ears just makes it feel like its coming from my brain. It drives me insane, but it's so new and foreign. I'm always told on this forum that time is the ultimate healer and I believe it. It just really blows right now because time passes extremely slowly with T.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I would add a kidney and the hearing in one ear to the bargain...

5. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      Time was my cure...unmaskable and high pitched 11kHz...initially I went thru "mad insane" phase...it was as if someone had their mouth to my ear screaming at the top of their lungs...it settled down to its present level and although it is present at all times my mind ignores it...

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How loud is it now?

7. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      11kHz

8. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Don't ask for it god will take your kidney and the hearing and leave the tinnitus ;) ... just kidding ... but accept what you can't change.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It used to be like someone screaming next to you. Is it still as loud?

10. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      No not that loud that period lasted 8-9 months now it's just a constant 11kHz...

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Khz is a frequency not a noise level, these are metered in decibel .... :)

12. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      I don't know how to describe noise level so someone else could understand...

13. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It used to sound like someone shouting next to you. Does it now sound as loud as someone talking in a normal voice, or even whispering next to you? Is it as loud as the sound the air makes when one reduces the pressure in over-inflated car tires?