I'm New to the Forum.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Voice of jack, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Voice of jack
      Mellow

Voice of jack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 29th 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known but had an ear infection and hearing loss
      Hi All,

I suddendly got tinnitus in my left ear on January 29th 2018, I had a right ear infection in October 2017 with tinnitus but after 4 weeks it all cleared up, the ENT consultant ordered a MRI scan which came back normal, they then sent me for a CT scan on 29th January I am still waiting for the result of the CT scan. Is it just a coincidence that the tinnitus started after I had the CT scan? Has anyone else had any symptoms after a CT scan? I also reduced my Lamrotrigine from 50mg to 25mg around the same time, it was prescribed as a mood stabiliser a few years ago originally taking 200mg which I have now reduced to 25mg with a view to coming off the medication completely. Again has anyone experienced tinnitus using Lamrotrigine?

The tinnitus is causing me distress as it's only me that can hear it and I'm driving my wife mad talking about it. I have booked a course of acupuncture in hope of a cure, has anyone else tried acupuncture for tinnitus?
      Good luck to you all and thanks for reading my story.

2. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      Hello there!

My Tinnitus went crazy around the 26th December 2017. Before that the level was low, and I could cope with it. I have some kind of Sinus infection, which has made it much worse.

Im not sure about Tinnitus and CT scans. Some others on the forum may have had experiences with it. I am currently waiting for a CT scan to see whats going on in my head lol.

I am also considering Accupuncture treatment. Some says its great, others are not so sure. I wish you all the best. Lets hope we get better and improve together!

Cheers.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Voice of jack
      Mellow

Voice of jack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 29th 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known but had an ear infection and hearing loss
      Hi,

Thanks for a reply I have acupuncture treatments booked on Thursday and a massage tomorrow from an holistic practitioner, I hope that something works. As I said in my original post I am still waiting for the result of my CT scan so until I get the result I can’t get any further medical advice or treatment from my Dr. But from what I have read Doctors are unable to offer any cure. Although I have only had tinnitus for a short time I downloaded Apps with sound effects that mask the tinnitus along with a Hypnosis App aimed at helping tinnitus sufferers all the apps help with sleeping which is a problem and I don’t look forward to the silence in the bedroom but the tinnitus masking Apps do help.
      I will report after my acupuncture and holistic treatment.

Good luck fellow sufferers.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I know of at least one person who got their T after an MRI scan...

5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You listed your cause of T as ear infection & hearing loss. There is currently no cure for hearing loss, so if that is really the root cause of your T, I'm not sure there is any value in CT scans, acupuncture & massages (other than feeling better by way of boosting your mood or dealing with anxiety). However, you may find value in hearing aids.

You should also know that T that comes on with an ear infection can take quite long to disappear after the infection subsides (it took a few weeks for my wife's T to go away after an infection).

• Agree Agree x 1