I'm Wondering, Why Has My Tinnitus Been Developing Since Onset?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Oct 15, 2015.

1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      When I first got tinnitus, it just a ringing I can hear in a quiet room. Couldn't here most of the day. Then it became reactive T. Then it became a buzzing in can hear 90% of the time. As of right now I have tinnitus and reactive tinnitus. I've only had it for 7 weeks. I'm scared everyday that it will continue to get worse to the point that it will be unbearable, that it will continue to get worse. This past couple days my tinnitus has changed a lot. Keep hearing different noises. Both in my tinnitus and my RT. Mine was noises induced by the way.

2. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      @CarloZ , many people have reactive tinnitus, or changes, spikes, etc. I don't know that there is any definitive answer as to why these things occur. I know people who tell me that certain foods cause their T to spike. If I were you, I'd go to a doctor and get a full work up to make sure that there isn't anything medically wrong with you (which is incredibly unlikely, but sometimes there are things such as acoustic neuromas which can cause T). Once you've got that out of the way, the next part is simply doing your best to live with it. Some people try things such as CBT and mindfulness meditation(myself included) or TRT. These are options that you might want to consider. Tinnitus is quite distressing in the early weeks/months. I've had to habituate to it twice myself. But there is no reason to think that you won't be feeling better in just a few months, and that you'll be on your way to habituation. Hang in there, and do your best to keep a positive attitude. Let me know if there's anything that I can do to help.

Take Care,

Eric

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Acoustic neuromas, what is that? I've gone to a doctor on the 2nd week of tinnitus, and nothing was wrong with me. Haven't gone to an ENT though.

4. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      An acoustic neuroma is a non-cancerous tumor that causes T. It can be seen on an MRI exam. Typically they're ordered for people who go to the doctor and have T only in one ear. If you can get an MRI and rule that out, I would. Its incredibly unlikely that that is what is causing your T, but it often gives people peace of mind to know that there isn't anything medically wrong with them and allows them to begin moving on with their lives.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Well I'm going to be honest, I'm losing so much hope everyday. My tinnitus is just getting worse and worse and it's only been a month and half. I can't imagine how bad it may be in a few months....

6. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Your profile says since september 2015 though, did you mean 2016?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I got Tinnitus last year in September and posed that comment/reply on October of last year as well.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Tyler Montgomery
      Spaced

Tyler Montgomery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum from hard blow to the head.
      Your fear of it getting worse is probably making it worse.

9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      The cold weather can make it worse so keep a hat on when out.
      Tinnitus changes a lot at first and should settle to a base sound and protect your ears from loud sounds from now on.
      Handy keep some plugs in your pocket.
      Try stay calm as anxiety and stress can make tinnitus louder and can easy impact on your mood.
      Try stay positive and hope enough sleep and eat well and give it time.
      Antidepressants like Amitryptaline or nortryptaline can help reduce tinnitus for some people...lots of love glynis

10. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      What is your lifestyle like? Staying away from loud sounds? Eating healthy? Taking supplements rumoured to help with T/h? Caffeine alcohol niccotine? Exercizing? What type? I figure some types of exercize will ramp T up. Others may bring it down.

Are you talking about constantly dealing with spikes that go down, or do you mean your T is simply geting worse exponentially?