Is Anybody from Iran?

Discussion in 'Support' started by snow47, Oct 21, 2016.

1. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      Is anybody from Iran?

2. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      How are you feeling these days Snow? Been wondering about you. Hope your coping a little better. Much love brother!

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MikeP505
      not bad mike. Thanks.
      I've imagined your character and I think you are a good man. you are a strong man. I don't know you have family or not. but if you have they are lucky because they have you.

I think I have failed in my life. from high school I was interesting in my field (Programming). I always was on the computer and just study. My friends have just lived and they have found happiness. I think I have gone to wrong path.
      This is what I think.

4. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      I have made many bad decisions in my life also. I enjoyed high school and had 2 years college that were just fine. I ran a small business for many years afterwards that was quite successful but gave that up for my wife at the time. She was offered a great position in another town that was far away from where we were living. So to help her, I closed down my great business and went to work in that small town for low income. Was a big mistake. Marriage did not last long. I made many bad decisions, not just that one, but this is life my friend. I have a son from a previous girlfriend. He is in his 20's now. Don't see him often but he is doing great.

I had an enjoyable life otherwise. I played drums in many local bands and performed at many local pubs and venues. Had many many friends. The problem with this is...... when you lose your hearing and you get this loud tinnitus, it changes EVERYTHING. You just can't help it. I can't hear people so they must write things down to talk to me. I can talk back to them OK but......... it's still hard. Can't even make a phone call to my doctor or anything. I must go there to book appointments or have someone call for me. Flipped my life upside down. So what once was a fun kind of living, is now a sheltered and quiet existence (other than the loud ringing from tinnitus). I lost my job. I am on a disability and try to pick up work here and there. So I suppose the more enjoyable a life you had is harder to lose when you end up in my shoes.

I am no stronger than you or the next guy. I have been dealing with this since 2011 and pretty much said enough. Time to accept this all and move on. It takes a great deal of time. I had a breakdown once over this. I had thoughts of just ending my life like many others. I am the same as the next guy.

In time I know you will cope a little better Snow. Hopefully in time things will get better and a cure will be on the horizon. Stay positive and try to look for the small things that make you happy. I am alone now my friend but I am not lonely. I do things to occupy my time and when I feel low I get outdoors for awhile.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm sorry hear that. we don't know about future. maybe many years you work and suddenly everything is finished. The life is ridiculous. We are like child in this world without any help. we always mistake and the world reaction to our mistake with power. It doesn't have mercy.

• Like Like x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Snow and Mike,
      Hope you are both having a good day .
      Life can lead in all directions and we can make changes in life for the better know matter how small will put a foot in a better direction when we need too...positivity is hard at times but always push for it even after a blip of down times.... lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm glad. No one from Iran. Just me have T from my country.

8. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey Snow!

Man, i am sure there are people in Iran that have this (unfortunately), however they might not use internet as well as you do and they actually might just listen to their doc ("get used to it approach") and they do. They go check on internet (maybe) and say "ohh well there is no treatment, ill just wait or whatever". And that is it, you know. This is where i see a huge mistake in other`s behavior. They should instead demand and raise awareness of this issue where they live and etc. No one would come up with so many treatments and new better treatment trials on cancer/leukemia/hiv and etc. if awareness weren't there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      Salam snow,
      I am not from Iran, wali babaje man irani hast ( not sure if that was right lol)
      My dad has hearing loss and severe Tinnitus, nevertheless he is a happy man living and enjoying life. You can read his success story if you like (I wrote it down).

Inshalla we'll all get better

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HI, I agree with you. But Internet is accessible to all in Iran now. So I think their English language is weak (like me).
      Maybe I should create a Persian web application for them.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I glad hear your sound. I suggest you learn Persian because We have rich literature and I think it's easy for you to learn .Just ask your father about that. Some times I drown in Persian literature.
      I hope you and your father have good time together.

12. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      i know snow, I know hafez(hafiz). But I am studying at a good university here in Germany (which means a lot to learn already)
      I dont think I will ever learn farsi tbh. I cant identify myself with the culture, politics or country (I have been to Iran several times)

Stay strong ;)

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm glad you're success in your studies. Maybe you right about time. So I give you one of my favorite couplet poem as a gift ;).
      Good luck man.

از شبنم عشق خاک آدم گل شد **** صد فتنه و شور در جهان حاصل شد
      سر نشتر عشق بر رگ روح زدند *** یک قطره فرو چکید و نامش دل شد

14. mehdi92
      Depressed

mehdi92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      load music
      سلام دوست عزیز من اهل ایرانم