Is Cortexi a Scam or Can It Help Tinnitus? → Share Your Experience

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ringingwazoo, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Ringingwazoo

Ringingwazoo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but possibly Scuba Diving, medication and noisy life
      The ad that is running for this seems promising, US-based company using an alleged Chinese Doctor's formulae but I want to know if anyone here has tried it out.

It's apparently a composition of twenty or so several natural substances. They went to great length to grow it all on a farm in England.

The company selling it claims the FDA are trying to shut them down etc, but that could just be fluff. It also seems a bit too good to be true as it has the 'fear of missing out' angle to it.

Each bottle has about 60 droppers in it. 2 drops per morning are recommended.

Moreover there are eBay sellers from China selling what is purported to be the same thing.

Anyone know more about this?

2. SarahMLFlemmer

SarahMLFlemmer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accutane (withdrawl)
      I don't, but I wouldn't put anything in my ears, personally. I'm way too afraid of making things worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      Complete SHAM. Show me a scientific study that supports it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ringingwazoo

Ringingwazoo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but possibly Scuba Diving, medication and noisy life
      These are apparently taken as drops on the tongue, not ear drops.

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. RocketJSquirrel

RocketJSquirrel Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1997
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      I tried one bottle of Cortexi. It had no effect.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. WCJohn
      Vegged out

WCJohn Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clonazepam, Trazodone
      Took a look at their website. The Cortexi schtick sounds a lot like the Quietum Plus bullshit. There is a thread on that here:

Quietum Plus Tinnitus Supplement Is a Scam — Here's the Proof

I am naturally cynical, and skeptical about all sorts of supplements though. To me, Cortexi may as well promise that they have magic baloney that fixes your hearing when placed over your ears. Keep an eye out for waaay too cheesy and upbeat reviews. You, know stuff like this:

I had hearing problems for 20 years! Every doctor I spoke said I was doomed to lose my hearing. Well! Even though I am really skeptical of this sort of thing, I found the strength to try it and... IT WORKED! At first, I couldn't believe that simple herb baloney could be the answer to my prayers, but IT WAS! Cortexi's unique 23 herb baloney slices calmed my ears from the first moment I put them on. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Cortexi's patented baloney-holder ear cuffs, for only 49.99. They are SUPER DURABLE and so EASY TO CLEAN! I followed Cortexi's instructions EXACTLY and used three slices of baloney on each ear every day for 6 months! The no-risk money back guarantee within 60 days of purchased made me feel very secure in purchase. Now I hear everything and LIVE MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!

Compare stuff like that to the reviews of things that helped from the forum members here and the difference is obvious.

But hey, if you try it, and it works, let us know.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    7. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      For those members who have no idea what we are talking about, Cortexi is a bottle with a dropper that you put 2 drops in water every day. It claims to regrow damaged parts of the auditory system with results in as little as 30 days.

I had not heard of this until recently, so I have no idea how long this has been available, but I assume it is quite new.

I watched the entire presentation video. I believe a cure/treatment is possible. Maybe it is a scam and maybe it isn't. I would love to hear from any members who have actually tried it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My grandmother bought me Cortexi thinking it would help me. After putting 2 drops in my tea, the next morning my ear felt worse. I stopped taking it.

Another scam.

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. RocketJSquirrel

RocketJSquirrel Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1997
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      I wouldn't think 2 drops would do anything.

The instructions say to take 2 droppers per day. I did that and it still had zero effect.

10. Stephen V

Stephen V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Someone tell me what works! I've read about all the frauds. The only thing that makes sense is stopping e-cigs since nicotine shrinks blood vessels, take ginkgo biloba to reduce stress and pray. You got the answer?

• Creative Creative x 1
    11. DimLeb

DimLeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic Cochleopathy or Maybe Loud Music
      Sorry to say, but nothing works 99,999% of the time. If they insist on the opposite, it's a scam. The only stuff that will maybe (highly unlikely) do something to lower tinnitus are medication like Prednisone (for acute trauma), Betahistine (if you have cochlear hydrops) and probably a cocktail of sedatives like Clonazepam and Gabapentin.

Also, residual inhibition in a sense that you hear a signal of a frequency similar to your tinnitus, and it makes it go away for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    12. SaraK18

SaraK18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound exposure
      I looked at the ingredients, they are basic enough and you could probably buy most of them in a health food store. As a general rule, don’t buy herbs randomly from eBay that come from China, or any other websites like that. You don’t know what you’re getting, there’s no quality control, and it has the potential to be dangerous. If you’re interested in trying herbs, make an appointment with an herbalist so you can make sure you are doing it safely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma from assault
      I tried Cortexi a whole 6 bottles.

It does give a tingly feeling in the ear, like it's healing, and I'd say it reduced my tinnitus.

You drop it under the tongue.

I'm debating to get some more as I think it was like $177.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    14. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      I think it's safe to say that Cortexi is 100% snake oil. Around 50% of Amazon reviews say it did nothing, or made their tinnitus worse.

Nothing is going to "heal" tinnitus. Damage to the inner ear is just that. Better to spend a little money on ways to mask the tinnitus, eat healthy, stay busy etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      When they give you 10 minutes to decide before they remove it, you can be sure it is a scam. If it was real, there would be no time limit to buy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      The advertising has all the classic hallmarks of a SCAM. Don't waste your money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      How is Cortexi even being discussed on Tinnitus Talk, a reputable forum?

• Funny Funny x 2
    18. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      The Cortexi commercial came across my screen earlier while I was trying to archive digital files. I am a video editor and the only impressive thing about the ad was the time and effort they had put into it as far as graphics, narration, sound effects, etc. go, lol. What's most upsetting about the ad is that it wasted my time.

I've been a severe tinnitus sufferer for going on 10 years now, so I've been down the rabbit hole when it comes to miracle cures and snake oil. At this point, I am very much jaded and disheartened towards humanity.

The only thing that sounds promising to me is targeting the brain with neuromodulation. Deep brain stimulation has great potential in my opinion, but other than that, I don't know.

When this whole thing first started, I got a taste of reality of how apathetic and greedy this world really is.

Long story short, never give up hope. Always be on the lookout for something on the horizon, but don't get your heart set on it because it will only lead to disappointment.

Anyways, back to the grind of archiving. Best of luck everyone.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    19. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cortexi is a scam, just like "Ring Stop" and all the others. Spend your money on a good dinner instead!

• Agree Agree x 1