Is It Normal During Prednisone Regimen to Go Between a Quiet Day and a Spiked Day?

Discussion in 'Support' started by frischky, Jan 13, 2019.

1. frischky
      Doubtful

frischky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Is it normal during Prednisone regimen to go between a quiet day and spike day?

Just started a few days ago after a pretty-loud car with no muffler started up right beside me. Of cours was spiked the next day so I started the Pred. My second day in with the Prednisone the tinnitus went very low, but the next day (today) it is spiked up pretty high.

Reading from the forum, it seems most people either have no change or get a degree of relief when taking Prednisone... just wondering if my experience is unique or par for the course?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    2. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      I had experienced severe spikes on top of severe tinnutis when taking dexamethasone and it's not ototoxic.

Its most likely your adrenal glands are acting up.

BTW for some reason I have never experienced extra quiet days (below baseline) while on steroids. Both with prednisone and dexamethasone.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      frischky
      Doubtful

frischky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I can attribute yesterday's quietness to the Pred or the fact I took a long nature run the day previous... it seems to be a real stress buster for me.

Did you return to baseline after your treatments?

4. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      Did I return to base line from steroid spike? Yes, within a week.
      Did I return to initial baseline after acoustic trauma that raised baseline and forced me to take steroids? No, but I had some improvements.