Is It Normal Not Being Able to Pop Your Ears with Tinnitus/Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dja, May 10, 2018.

1. Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      Or is that an issue of an eustachian tube infection?

2. Will89

Will89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's weird for me, sometimes I can quite easily and other times it's blocked.

I've recently had (and still on going) ETD, but when I fully had it, I couldn't unblock at all.

• Like Like x 1
    3. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      Not for me. Had a blocked ear/eustachian tube this past week due to a cold and I could not get my right side tube to clear for anything. I used a decongestant and neti-pot to clear out the junk. Took me 2 days to do so, but the eustachian tube cleared yesterday. Using the neti-pot is controversial subject around here, but has absolutely helped me gain function of my eustachian tubes. I use Nasacort in both tubes after neti-pot.

It might sound strange, but I can now pop both my eustachian tubes with slight tensing of my jaw. My bad ear I seem to pop the tube in a few different places.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think my ear feeling full and havinf muffled hearing is due to ETD despite my doctor telling me there nothing to be there. I can clearly feel something is there. Its constantly full and muffled now. Constantly

I've been having it for a year now. Is that possible. Had used the nasal spray a year ago but didnt do much. Now im using it for a month again. Do you guys think it'll go away in time? I've read that it does if you stick with it.

5. housemzk

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't understand how the dr can tell you there's nothing there? The best they can do is scope through your nose and see the one side of the eustachian tube. Might be clear there, but the tube is close to an 1.5 inches. There's a lot the dr's can't see.... I had this procedure done recently and the ENT told me this.

A couple of things you might want to consider:
      -Have you tried PT on your neck and jaw? Long story short, PT eliminated my ear fullness issues over a short time. I stretch twice a day and can provide you those stretches if you'd like.

-You're not alone on the full ear. See the following thread, as it has provided many people relief of the pressure issues in the ear: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...-—-new-protocols-and-supplements-to-try.6514/

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What does PT stand for? Go ahead and share anything that could potentially work. Thanks a lot

7. housemzk

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was referring to physical therapy. See the attachment for the stretches. If anything, you're neck will feel a lot better over time.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks m8. What you shared and that number 7 in the link you gave are giving me the biggest relief i've felt in ages. I'm sitting now in front of my tv without feeling terrible. Hopefully if I continue it'll dissapear completely soon

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I pushed out of my nose yesterday evening after doing the salty water step, pushing nose while closing it (causing squeek) and then after a couple of minutes i pushed it out.

The side which has the fulness issue(right side) had a lot of blood pushed out as well. Is that normal? Is that a good sign? Left side only had slime but right side lots of blood

10. Helheim
      Angry

Helheim Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      My ears have been perma-blocked ever since I had the infection that gave me intrusive tinnitus.