Is There a Chance If My Tinnitus Was Made Worse By Syringing It Will Revert Back to Previous Level?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Xorthian, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      Basically I had mildly annoying tinnitus from I dont know how long. Didnt bothered me when I wanted to sleep or anything else.

I had my ear syringed because there was a lot of wax. It was done probably gently, didnt hurt, eardrum wasnt perforated however I think it changed my tinnitus pitch to something else, that is hard to mask or not notice at all even if I watch tv - wchich earlier was pretty possible. It was 4 days ago. I noticed my tinnitus spiked at night or probably in the morning next day after syringing. Not sure.

Is it even possible it will calm down and go back to its previous pitch or I'm out of luck and there is 0%?
      I'm not sure if I had this pitch earlier or I didnt and Im making this up right now in my mind.
      Are there cases of people that had mild tinnitus, it was changed by syringing and it reverted after some time? Couldnt find anything on such topic here or anywhere else over internet.

Wish I didnt listen to ent. I'm trying not to beat myself up for what I've done but whats done is done mostly.

EDIT:
      I basically traded my ringing that was heard during silence or when I focused on it, for constant screeching in my head on right side of it.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xorthian
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I went to another ENT. Turns out there is outer and middle ear infection going on. Im on antibiotics right now (klacid 500) and nasal steroid. It's been 5 days between I've had my ear syringed (and infection started) up to when I've started to take antibiotic. As far as I know they dont start working until 48-72 hours right.

I've read a lot of horror stories of people that are left with permanent tinnitus because of infection but couldnt find anything positive really here. Can it go away?

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Oh gosh, nobody answered you here at the time:(

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xorthian
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh yeah so I will answer myself here :D

Yeah it can get better and maybe go away to some degree. Anxiety was my worst enemy :)

5. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      But how is your T now compared to the one from before the infection? Let's use the 1-10 scale...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xorthian
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will make another thread in couple of days in introduction section describing full story once I can say I'm stable.

7. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      (y)

8. Rust
      Fine

Rust Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (2008 initially) 2015 as I know it today
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Initially stress, but noise exposure made it worse
      Hello Xorthian, The exact same thing has just happened to me 3 days ago. Has your tinnitus shown any improvement in the days/weeks/months after the syringing/irrigation? Thanks!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xorthian
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Its. Ot as low as it used to be but its a lot better.
      How does your sound?

10. Rust
      Fine

Rust Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for replying to me :)

That's reassuring to hear. All I have read on here/elsewhere online is that people who have had their ears irrigated have never recovered!! I really hope and pray mine recovers like yours!

In answer to your question, my good (left) ear got worse than my bad (right) ear – a thin and very annoying high pitch tone that I can hear over most things now, as before I could not hear it over hardly anything. It's very upsetting.

How long did it take for it to get better? Do you think it was because of the syringing or ear infection, or both?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xorthian
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Therre was so much going on i just cant figure out what happened. At first o had incredibly loud distressing tonal sound i. Syringed ear. Now i have hiss thats more prominient in syringed ear but there is some in left ear too so maybe medicine. Tonal dissapeared 100%, hissing is much more bearable but it is audible over everything everywhere.

12. Rust
      Fine

Rust Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks you for all the information Xorthian, it sounds reassuring. I have also read various other stories of people where it has gone from a high pitch tone to more of a bearable hiss. Let's hope it's a common thing!

Have a nice evening!