Is Tinnitus Chronic with Labyrinthitis?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fatima, Aug 18, 2018.

1. fatima

fatima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1st august 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis
      My GP diagnosed me with labyrinthitis. However , he’s still waiting on my MRI results to be 100% sure and he also wants to send me to an ENT doctor to assess the situation more

My labyrinthitis situation started 2 weeks after a viral infection (typical). It started mid/late july. I got better, slighty lightheaded, unsteadiness and I get dizzy based on various triggers like shopping malls, cafes, elevators.

I never had vertigo, mostly just dizzy attacks that last about 2 days max and the rest of the week will be just slight unsteadiness.

I developed low- pitched tinnitus last week. I believe it was there since july , but it was so low I could barely notice it.

My first week with it was terrible. It was new and very odd for me. The sound kept me up all night and my anxiety took my else where. My GP was so confident that the tinnitus will fade away gradually. I have noticed a difference and it's not as loud as it used to be , but im not sure if its all in my head now or im just holding on to false hope.

Has anyone developed tinnitus with labyrinthitis and did it go away over time or is it chronic?

Thanks.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @fatima ,
      Any inner ear problem can cause tinnitus and balance problems and dizziness and vertigo,brain fog,ear preasure etc.
      Labyrinthitus should clear up over 3 months and meds can help and tinnitus should go unless the virus has caused damage in your cochlear .
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fatima

fatima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1st august 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis
      Update

Managed to finally see my ENT doctor.

He checked my hearing : All clear. No problem

(Still wants me to carry out an audiology exam soon)

Checked my MRI disk : All clear.

Checked my balance: Way off

Informed me that the tinnitus should go away with time and prescribed me SERC 16mg to take 3 times a day for 6 weeks.

Informed me to avoid salt and avoid excessive exercise for 6 weeks and carry out VRT exercises that he will forward them on to me soon. ( does not recommend overlaping VRT and regular exercise)

He is allowing me to work and to carry on with my life as it is and to check in with him in 2 months.

I will update you guys later on. See ya

• Like Like x 1