Just Need Support and Some Positive Replies

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thissucks..jenn, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bunch of b.s from cosmetic injections
      Hi it'll be 5 weeks this Friday I have tinnitus in my right ear.

Passed 2 hearing tests at otologist's office and ENT, all great hearing but my tinnitus is taking over me.

I'll get headaches on right side, sometimes it'll be low, most of the time it's high pitched, sometimes I won't hear it at all, when it's quiet it'll be short lived.

I have no idea how to cope, where to turn to for help.

I've had MRI with and without contrast of the brain and inner ear all good in there?

I'm taking valium to help me. I hate meds but need something to calm me.

Sometimes I hear sounds really weird like when I talk on my right side it sounds robotic or something.

I have no idea what's going on with me my whole right side of head hurts with headache on right side.

I can't deal I don't know who can help me anymore. Sometimes the insides of my eardrums feel like they're burning.

Can I get some positive feedback and thoughts as I'm breaking down pls

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The fact that you can hear silence (if only for a short time) after only five weeks, is a very encouraging sign. (Personally, I haven't heard complete silence in close to eight months.) The scariest possible outcome is when tinnitus is relentlessly at the same pitch and volume.

I am not sure whether you've already seen the studies in
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/
      Since you are already experiencing brief bouts of silence, my guess is that there is a high chance that your T will be gone before the start of 2019. Keep in mind that if you end up stuck with T, the T you will be stuck with will most likely be completely different (easier to ignore) than the T you are hearing now. T tends to change. There is a good chance that 3-6 months after onset you will be feeling a lot better compared to how you must be feeling now.

During my month two after onset, I cried uncontrollably every day (this, despite never being in a habit of crying as an adult). Things got more bearable since that horrible time. Keep in mind that in the long run the sound will most likely fade, and your ability to handle it will most likely improve, and try to ride it out.

Do try to protect your ears from moderate noises like that of a vacuum cleaner or a blender. When I began doing that, my T began to improve.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      When I was in that acute stage, amitriptyline helped me sleep. It is non-addictive, and it didn't make me feel drowsy the next morning.

Have you been using sound enrichment (to let you listen to something else, besides your T)?
      https://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Koala-Concentration-Relaxation-Sufferers/dp/B01FRW2WBA

https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Oasis-S-5000-Deluxe-Therapy/dp/B018KUVEOM

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just a fan I still wake up on 10 mg

Yes I try my right ear is sensitive to noise

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is hyperacusis. There is a high chance that it is not going to be permanent.

The sound of crickets/frogs/cicadas works much better than a fan when your T sound is a high pitched tone. A fan works well when you are dealing with a hiss.

You can try finding those sounds on YouTube or on mynoise.net, and playing them on your laptop. It doesn't have to completely mask your tinnitus, it just needs to compete with it.

6. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      You are in the start of it and it can be unbearable no doubt. The headaches, yes I get them also and when that happens my T gets loud. I have learned to ignore the high pitch and hiss with time you will also. Have you wax built up? I don't think valium is a good idea its addictive. Try some soothing sounds but keep them just below the T sound. Avoid headphones and earbuds protect your ears as time goes you will adjust to it.
      Stay positive there are many here to help you.
      All the best

7. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Headaches, us, mine are the headaches from hades and I think linked to my tinnitus bad days. You’ll adjust, you have to keep occupied and busy.

8. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Thissucks..jenn

The most common cause of tinnitus is exposure to loud noise. Before the onset of your tinnitus, did you listen to music regularly through headphones? Or go to clubs concerts often?

Michael

9. Tex

Tex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      When I developed this over eight years ago one of the highest rated doctors in Dallas, double specialty--Otolaryngology and Neurology, prescribed 2mg of Valium three times a day. He said that in some patients it actually caused a break somewhere between the inner ear and the brain. I voiced my concerns about this. He said that this low of a dosage would not "mess me up."

As it turned out it didn't really work. So, I started using anywhere from 1.5 to 2 mg. at bedtime after that just to go to sleep. He said that was fine and said that good sleep was very important for T. I have not had any desire to raise the dosage and sometimes just use liquid Diphenhydramine, SleepEze, to go to sleep.

I guess the point is, I don't consider myself "addicted" to Valium. From reading online it appears that some people "need" many times this dosage for one thing or another. I call that addiction.

As far as the OP and something positive, all I can say is that anytime I can just be outside I don't notice it much, or am less affected. The good thing is I love being outdoors. I'm just glad I don't live in North Dakota. :)

10. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      @Thissucks..jenn Have you been looked at for any conditions with your neck, jaw or shoulders that could be influencing the tinnitus? From your description it sounds like there may be something associated there.

In the past I have had an ear infection that made sounds very distorted, is there maybe a connection there, have you had any colds or infections around the ear, nose or throat? Or is there a possible interaction with the Hylenex you mentioned?

It's very early stages and being at a lower volume you really need to stop yourself from listening to it, don't let the pattern of listening to and giving attention to your tinnitus become normal. That's one of the best things to do right now. Be it with some sound enrichment or distraction with things you love, whatever can help out. I know this isn't easy, at the beginning you are in freak out mode and it's hard to do anything but search for and find the tinnitus.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I know it was from the hylenex 2 days after the shot in radix of nose. I have both the loud ringing and sensitivity to sound in right ear I have no idea what's going on with me the hylenex poisoned me I feel like!! It'll be 5 weeks as of fri and my head does fill like it's going to explode sometimes because of the pressure headaches on right side can't find out what is wrong with all these symptoms as I have my inside of ears burning too constant blowing of nose sometimes my ears feel wet inside but hey no ent or octologist can see it.. went to urgent care in the beginning and they said my eardrums were red gave me zpack and a shot to help the antibiotics this was all caused by me dissolving Juvederm that was in radix of nose but the otologist just can't see it traveling all the way to the ear from front of skull. I believe it went through my sinuses or back of throat to right Eustachian tube to ear and messed me up... MRI showed inner ear looks normal so how did it damage inner hair cells when cochela looks great I was not exposed to loud music how did it happen will it possibly go away I'm so depressed I've changed as a person... everything in my head feels electrical if that makes sense and if I turn my head a certain way sometimes it'll be hard to hear I don't have any answers as Ct MRI all normal how could this have poisoned me if all normal

12. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Right now there is still a good chance that it will go away or improve. Having said this, even if it improves, it will take many months for it to happen.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Joe Zaffiro

Joe Zaffiro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Hey Jenn-
      No one can really say what causes this thing. There are just too many variables. Mine started after a steroid nasal spray( I think), but hard to say. You are currently in the throws of a life changing event. 5 weeks is not a long
      enough time to adjust yet. It may go away, but it may not. I can tell you that I started taking Ativan when I first got
      it and got highly addicted to it. Made things much worse. In time, your nerves will calm down, even though you still
      may have the ringing. I too felt hopeless and drained. You have to give this time. I never thought I would be able to cope, ever, as I was a basket case in the beginning. There are millions of people dealing with the same thing. Some people could care less about it and it bothers others terribly. Depends on your personality. You have to remain as calm as possible and try to deal with the anxiety as that will make it worse. Be careful with the meds as I wish
      I had never taken them. I know it doesn't seem possible, but the noise will become part of your everyday life if it does persist. Mine is loud enough that I haven't been able to really habituate, though I do have brief times when I
      forget about the noise, but it doesn't rule my life anymore. I think it is common to have different symptoms, like weird or full feeling ears or irritated. Try not to panic about these things as your mind can play with your head.
      God bless.

• Like Like x 2
    14. Dan RVA

Dan RVA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not really sure
      How are you doing now? Well I hope. We all take a trip to the bottom of the t valley on occasion, and it seems like we can never get out. Hopefully you are back in the sunshine.

Stay positive,

Dan