Just Venting Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dubbyaman, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Ugh...makes me sad that im only 33 and have moderate to severe hearing loss in my left ear accompanied by loud noise like T that changes every day. What was I thinking the day I bought that headset? Why did I have the volume so loud for long periods of time? Ya know that small voice inside all of us that tells you that maybe you shouldnt do this? I had a couple of those moments back then but didnt listen to it. Its just hard knowing this could of been avoided. My hearing would be fine today if I wasnt such a dumbass. Ugh. Hate it.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't beat yourself up. Everyone makes mistakes; some people suffer more for them than others. There's a rhyme and reason to it but it's tied to genetics and environment and other things we can't really control.

For me, I've learned that one of the things I can control to some extent is the way my mind works and reacts to things.

You might enjoy this book: http://www.amazon.com/Live-Safely-Science-Fictional-Universe-ebook/dp/B003V1WXIW

It pretends to be a science fiction story, but I'd say it's more a tautology about the realities of human pain.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Thank you for your input. I do quite well most days but its still there loud as ever. How old were you when your T started ?

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      19; got worse about 10 years later after a concert.

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Dubbyaman,
      Tinnitus can be a right pain and really drive you nuts at times but it's learning everything you can to cope better that helps us get along with our tinnitus sound as we have no choice about it.

Even having a good rant about it can get the feelings out so they don't build up.

My tinnitus is out to get me today and woke up full of a cold with a sinus infection and chest I inflammation but going out for a meal later with all the family so a glass of wine or two might just help and my tinnitus won't stand a chance sitting next to my sister's nattering away.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    6. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I'm 29 and I've had T for almost 15 yrs and a spike 3 months ago. I know It sucks that we're young. Some days are worse than others. Hopefully in our lifetime we'll see a cure.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1