Just Wondering If Anyone Else Is Experiencing What I Am

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Olga, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Olga

Olga Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi my name is Olga I have had tinnitus since October 2013 after my shoulder rotator cuff surgery my symptoms are: 24/7 ear popping, noise,ear aches,fullness, also lots of neck pain as well as spasms especially when I move my neck arm and legs. I have gone to see 3 different ents the 1st one said I had meineres with no vertigo the 2nd one said I had sinuses and did a cat scan that came back normal and the last one did an mri to my neck shoulder and back in which they found detriation and a disc buldge in my back and neck but told me it wasn't severe enough to cause all of these symptoms I couldn't really say much this has been very difficult for me and my family I went through a deep depression and anxiety seeking a shrink and was put on Wellbutrin 300 mg I still have not gotten any relief and this is making everyday life a struggle am I the only one out there with all these symptoms?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome Olga. No you are not the only one out there with these symptoms. Many members have similar or different kinds of symptoms. I have ultra high pitch dog whistle T and severe hyperacusis. I also have suffered severe symptoms from anxiety and panic attacks. Some members have pulsatile T, vertigo, morse code beeping, some with multi-tones, many with TMJ, neck/shoulder problems. So you are never alone here. Someone will have some of your symptoms and understand your suffering.

Saying that, members do get better over time and they wrote their success stories telling others their initital struggle and their eventual triumph. You can read over as many success story as you can to see if some of their strategies can help you cope with your T and symptoms.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

You may want also to read the most read success story ‘Back to Silence’ with a simple effective strategy by IWLM:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

You may want to try some supplements which may help. Members here often recommend some good supplements, such as NAC, Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3, etc., and reduce intake of salt, sugar, MSG, caffeine, alcohol etc. Perhaps some calming natural supplements can help your muscle and T, like chamomile tea, hops, valerian tablets, St. John wort, melatonin, etc.

What I have found dealing with persistent T is to stay calm and positive. This will reduce anxiety and stress level. Anxiety and stress are bad for T. So try your best to relax and stay positive, and most of all give it time. Take care & God bless.

• Like Like x 1