Keep Getting New Sounds, One After Another

Discussion in 'Support' started by Elliott.S, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Elliott.S
      Doubtful

Elliott.S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music practice - Attending loud concerts
      Hey all,

It must be my third thread here, but I'm still struggling a lot and I can't find proper solutions, although I'm reading nearly everything available here on TTalk and everywhere about T.

For those who never heard about me, I've had T for 10 years, but until very recently they were really bearable.
      Last december, I was exposed to loud noises for the first time in 10 years and my T got worse. I thought I was going to get over it until 3 weeks ago :

I woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible high pitch T (siren like) in my left ear. It was the loudest thing I had ever heard in my life and I told myself : "If this doesn't go away, I might as well just jump out of the window now". Seriously, it was about louder than anything around. I took Prednisone ASAP and the next morning it was back to normal.

Yet, since then, I've kept getting new sounds in both ears, and it's really becoming a Symphony now. I have a high pitch T in my left ear, a bileteral high hiss, a bilateral cricket sound and a middle/low pitch T in my right ear.

These last 2 sounds emerged in the last days, I just don't understand what's going on right now. I'm not taking any medication, my lifestyle is decent, I eat well, sleep well, everything's going OK. I didn't suffer any noise trauma or anything, my ears are always kept safe...

I have an appointment with a new ENT in 2 weeks, got prescribed Clonazepam by a neurologist (which I'm not taking for the moment 'cause I want to keep it as "last chance solution").

Did it ever happen to you ? Were you once awaken in the middle of the night by some ultra loud T ? Did you ever have any experience with new sounds coming one after another ? More importantly, do you think it can ease a bit ?

I'm really struggling right now. Trying to keep calm, but these new sounds all over are slowly by slowly driving me crazy :(

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      I've woken up a to it so loud that I didn't think was even possible, lasted about an hour or two then it went back down. On my onset it was new noise after new noise changed constantly. That has calmed down some now though. I think it can ease some in time.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Elliott.S
      Doubtful

Elliott.S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music practice - Attending loud concerts
      Had you noticed any change in your personal life at that point or was it just a completely random T spike ?

4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I have a Symphony of tones... I've lost track of them but I find paying them heed is bad. Sometimes they come and go. But mostly they're always there. Try clonazapam in small doses when you need relief ... Just don't do it daily.