Kinda Freaking Out Right Now

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sebastien D, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Sebastien D

Sebastien D Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      To anyone who reads this hello and thank you for your time.

I haven't had it for long. Started off as a really quiet ringing I could barely notice. About a month ago it started getting louder though and already a loud fan isn't loud enough to mask it. I can forget about it easily enough when I'm busy for now but it gets so hard to ignore when ever I lay down and try to sleep. Ordinary sounding story probably.

The problem is that I'm already very afraid of how well I might cope with it in the future because of how fragile my mental health has always been. Without going into the details, I've always had a difficult life. To the point that I've had to move on from most of my family and friends as their presence in my life was having a severe impact on my health. I spend most of my time alone now. Enjoying things I love like video games and beautiful music. My job also keeps me active so it's been good on my health.

So I've been recovering bit by bit over the last few years. Not so proud to admit I used cannabis to help deal with the chronic depression, anxiety and insomnia for a good portion of it. Though I've been managing without it for a few months now. I finally could sleep just fine at night without it too. For the first time in as long as I can remember I finally could just sleep in peace. I thought it was over.

I tried smoking again only to remember weed heightens your senses thus making it sound louder. Now I'm just waiting for both the buzz and the panic attack to go down hoping I'll sleep better then.

Thank you again, even if no one reads this. It was nice having somewhere to put down my thoughts.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story. We have all been there like you did. The initial period was tough as the body didn't know what T would do and we feared the worst. I was in a mess too initially with both severe T & also hyperacusis. I think you will be just fine as you only struggle during sleep time. I was in much worse shape as most days I would be in panic attacks from the moment I woke and during the day. No rest. Evening was a struggle too and I had to mask all the time, even at bed time just to sleep and survive. If you have the time, you can check out my story. I wish you well and keep on improving. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sebastien D

Sebastien D Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well I've always hated noise so even when I listen to music or watch television it's always been pretty quiet. That and I had a feeling permanent ear damage might suck. Now though I work at a pretty noisy place so it's hard to prevent further damage or let my ears heal. Also from what I can tell it only got really annoying when I got back from vacation last week. After spending 3 weeks enjoying some peace and quiet it must have been a shock for my poor little ears. I'd hate for my job to be making things worse thought. Best one I ever had.

Thanks for all the information. If there's something I need right now it's data to work with.

• Like Like x 1
    5. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi Sebastian D,
      Doing weed when you have T is a very bad idea.. I thought it might help after 2 days of not sleeping. I forgot it enhances your mood, and I was not in a good mood so that was some bad trip.
      I did read on this forum somewhere that Cordyceps is good against Tinnitus if you have fluid in the middle ear. Now since you don't know what caused it you could try that? Source:
      https://swansonhealthcenter.com/topics/cordyceps-sinensis/
      Heck I just finished 100 grams of it and I don't have fluid in my middle ear, just to be sure:D

If I where you you could just try some remedies you find on this forum.

Good luck man,

John_415

• Like Like x 1