Last Night Was Terrible HELP!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brandon joseph, May 6, 2016.

1. Brandon joseph

Brandon joseph Member

Tinnitus Since:
      On and off since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The cold
      I tried not to focus on it, i tried not to get nervous, i tried not to get scared but i let my mind and my T rip me apart last night. In the 4 days since my T Flared up last night was the worst it destroyed me and i broke down. My mom had to sleep next to me because she taught i would have done something awfull to myself. As im typing this i hear it and it makes my stomach turn. I need help with this i cant do it alone, can you guys offer me some advice?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Sara_Bond Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @Brandon joseph

Hey Brandon, try to relax. I know it's difficult but go for a walk with your mum or a friend of yours.
      I don't go usually for medication but if you need it, take something to help you.

You can take some plants too like passionflower, hawthorn, chamomilia tea, they really help to relax. Go see a doctor (GP/ENT) and check your ears, throat maybe there's something wrong. You can even try to eat some garlic, it helps.

Hold on, be strong, we know it's hard.

Hugs

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brandon joseph

Brandon joseph Member

Tinnitus Since:
      On and off since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The cold
      Im going to the ENT today hopefully i can get some answers thanks alot for the kind words. I beat this before and im going to beat it again but i know it will take time.

• Hug Hug x 3
    4. Rosie_Rose
      Balanced

Rosie_Rose Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1989? Maybe longer
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Accident
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brandon joseph

Brandon joseph Member

Tinnitus Since:
      On and off since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The cold
      I will give it a try thank you

• Like Like x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Good luck Brandon and let us know how you get on.
      Hope your ears settle soon...lots of love glynis

7. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Sara_Bond Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
    8. TeresaD
      Fine

TeresaD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Brandon joseph
      I've been there! Don't let the anxiety get the best of you. You will overcome this! You may need some medications to help you through it just at the start, then you can slowly come off them as you get used to it or the symptoms abate. Sleep is very important and stress makes it worse so, try to get your emotions under control first so you can handle your symptoms better. You'll get better, believe it!!

9. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Get your hearing checked for hearing loss and if so, try some hearing aids that have maskers built in. It is possible that the hearing aids could eliminate your perception of tinnitus or if it doesn't the maskers could mask them and relax you to the T. If that doesn't take care of it, drink lots of water and exercise. If that doesn't work, you might have to get on some medication to help calm you down and break the fight or flight mode you are in. I just remembered you said something about derealization. If that is the case maybe you could ask the doctor for some Valium to take temporarily.

10. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      Brandon, I needed meds my first 60 days in order sleep and function. Used properly under a Drs supervision, they can make a tremendous difference. No one wants to take them long term, but in the short term they can help a lot. I also took my share of long walks, cups of tea, and talking with loved ones. How wonderful that you have your mom available with her reservoir of support. Like you said, you beat this before. You've got that experience to draw from.

11. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I am sorry that it was so bad for you. Relaxation and mind over matters is key to coping with this thing called T. Exercise is great for relaxation, herbal supplements are also helpful.

I don't know if you mask your T or not, but it is worth a try. Try to find a volume/noise that matches the loudness of your T and just listen to it for as long as you want. Some have these noises in the background and try to sleep with them too.

I go to the gym and lift heavy weights on my days and at nights drink 1-2 glasses of red wine and that relaxes me.

Do your best to be relaxed and don't freak out or get super angry. Getting emotional about tinnitus just makes it ring louder and does not help. Yes, it is very hard to remain sane while , you have generators ringing in your ears but you have to try to remain relaxed....

Best of luck to you :)

• Like Like x 1