Left Ear Closes Up and Rings

Discussion in 'Support' started by garywi, Feb 20, 2017.

1. garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had tinnitus in left ear for 7 weeks. Sounds have been louder. My ENT says nothing can be done. My hearing is normal, no loss. I had previously been on Xanax for 3 years but off for 12 months before the ringing started. Not sure if this is related.

Question. At times my left ear feels like it closes up like the tube is blocked and then will start ringing louder than normal. This lasts about 20-30 seconds then goes away.

Is this a new symptom I should talk to doctors about.

Thanks.

2. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      No your symptom is called fleeting tinnitus and many people get this, nothing to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's not the sudden ringing that is startling it's the sensation that I'm loosing my hearing in that ear.

4. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I get that. Momentary loss of hearing causing your tinnitus to sound louder. I used to be afraid of it but it happens often enough that I just came to accept it.

5. Ernesto

Ernesto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit in my ear
      could be related to Eustachian tube dysfunction... and if you solve this problem, your tinnitus will probably disappear.
      do you feel as if the pressure was not properly balanced in the middle ear? for example, do you have a crackling noise in the ear when swallowing?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      no cracking noise.. but I brought this up to my ENT, what I described and it was passed over..