Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Annpann

Annpann Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      My appointment is not until October 11th, I am from the UK.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      There could be many reasons why. I think it's because they are the closest to Neuromod and they are more likely to travel to go to those additional visits rather than someone living far away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Soren

Soren Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound
      Just open that clinic in Germany already.

4. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hopefully more clinics will have Lenire soon so that we are more likely to hear from more people about their experience using it.

Some people have appointments next week but it seems that they have to wait for 1 month to get the device.

5. Phi

Phi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      I am considering booking an appointment with Neuromod.
      I have a question for anyone who has already filled out the form and applied for their appointment.

When Neuromod made their initial call to you what did they ask and, most importantly, do they just give you an appointment date or do they allow some flexibility for the date?

I am starting a new job soon so would like to delay the appointment until October/November if possible. It would also leave enough time to get some feedback from early users.

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I don't think they are calling people anymore. When they called me they suggested a date, I said yes on the understanding it might change if there was no flights. Fortunately there was.

That's all they really asked. I think you can safely assume if you have filled in the questionnaire and you get an invite then chances are you'll be suitable for the product.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      That's not actually true. Friend of mine in the USA got his call before me and I got the call before Red Knight who lives an hour away. And he got his by email I think.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Phi

Phi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      Hi Allan,
      Thanks for the info. You mention that Neuromod are not calling people anymore, so instead of a call do they just send an email with the suggested date?

9. Ray552

Ray552 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      That’s what they did for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      From what I've read on this thread, yes.

• Like Like x 1
    11. spedgas
      Scared

spedgas Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Best of luck @Allan1967.

For whatever reason your pain on this forum has always really stuck with me. I hope this helps you and I’m glad you’re getting to be one of the first to get a crack at it. I look forward to hearing about your experience. Hopefully the rest of us that are interested can follow your lead when it’s available to us. Safe travels.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I am completely overwhelmed by a spike I have been going through for a couple of weeks now. Volume is horrid. Tone is horrid. Can't pinpoint any reason which could have triggered this.

More than ready to jump into this Lenire thing journey. Good luck to you all who already have an appointment. This needs to be the real thing. Definitely. We deserve it. We've earned it.

Hugs.

• Hug x 8
      • Like x 3
      • Agree x 1
      • Funny x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    13. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Do you know if they will start treatment that day or are they just going to do an assessment?

14. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      Got an email from Neuromod offering December 20, but that's too close to Christmas for me so I asked for it to be moved to after the holidays. They said they haven't gotten around to scheduling 2020 appointments yet but will contact me when they do.

Statistically speaking, by then I'll have habituated enough to not think it's worth it. But who knows!

• Useful Useful x 1
    15. Phi

Phi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      If I understood correctly the first day is an assessment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Cojackb
      Fine

Cojackb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      From what people have been saying, it's just the assessment on the first day. Apparently you'll hear back in a couple of weeks to let you know whether or not the treatment is right for you. You then go in for a fitting and to go through the start of the therapy.

Will let you know for sure tomorrow once my assessment is over! :)

• Like Like x 3
    17. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Has anybody actually got a Lenire yet?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    18. Hayls32

Hayls32 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pulsatle to begin with. Noise exposure later in life
      I'm still waiting for my call / email. It's been over a week x

19. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Liz,

Mine is at 15:45 the same day.

If you wanted to grab a coffee beforehand I'd be happy to. If you're flying home that day I could probably give you a ride to the airport. PM me to swap details.

20. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yup, by email, although interestingly around the same date as yours, despite being a few days after you.

21. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      I have an appointment for September 11. I'm from Hungary. They sent an email, no call.

@Mathew Gould According to their website, the first visit is purely a checkup, then you get a date for a second visit 2 weeks later for the first treatment. Scroll down to the "What to expect" section on www.neuromodmedical.com (which is the first and so far only clinic where they offer Lenire).

22. PeterPan
      Nerdy

PeterPan Member Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heat Exhaustion
      Hello,

My name is Simon and I have volunteered to help with capturing and reporting on the results of the Lenire User Experience Survey. I will be working with Hazel and Markku during this project.

Just to let you know, at the moment we now have 90 users who have registered with the group. Of these we have:
      • 48 members who have agreed to the Terms and Conditions relating to providing information and who have also provided contact information, and of these:
      • 34 have applied to Neuromod for their appointment, and of these:
      • 4 have confirmed appointments.
      We are presently in the process of agreeing the survey questions that we will be sending to the group members and expect to have this completed shortly. We will be seeking feedback on the survey from Tinnitus researchers and will be also hoping to get information from some of the Lenire customers who have early appointments to help with this.

Once the results start coming in, we will share this with the forum, including aggregated statistics, scatter plots etc. All data will be used in anonymised form.

If you have signed up already, the help you are providing with sharing your experience is really appreciated, and the results of the user experience survey should really help people to determine the effectiveness of the device.

If you are intending to purchase the device and haven't yet signed-up, it would be great if you could help us out.

Remember you can join up by clicking the banner at the top of this thread!

Simon

• Like Like x 11
      • Winner Winner x 5
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
    23. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I do not understand why they are offering dates so different and distanced in time to two persons in the same day. Would not it be the logical thing to go giving the appointments in chronological order? I do not understand anything of what they are doing.

To someone they are offering September, other person in the same day is being proposed with December. I don't get it. And I'm still waiting for my call/email since release day :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      7F5C827E-A098-456C-8364-F2D7BF3ACA66.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 7
    25. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      I have my appointment for assessment on 23rd July and it was offered by email. I can't go alone so need someone to keep taking time off work to accompany me! Would do it in a day but there are no evening flights back, sugar! Need to travel from Exeter Airport.

If I knew it was coming to London soon then that would solve the problem. My tinnitus is relentlessly loud and tormenting but I'm mostly managing to live a life.

Would be wonderful if Lenire helped us all.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      They have refused me. I just received the email.

I selected "less than 3 months", but It's only one more week for me to pass the three month mark with tinnitus. On July 10th. Anyway, they told me that they add me to "the cancellation list."

I'm just in shock.

• Hug Hug x 14
    27. Francesco

Francesco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Got my appointment the 17th of December (my birthday :/).

Got a confirmation email right after accepting the appointment.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Wow I thought it didn't matter how long you had had tinnitus for. Hopefully it continues to fade.

29. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I wouldn't be. Your tinnitus is very new. There are many changes it can undergo naturally in the next few weeks/months, often in a positive direction. You haven't given time to your hearing apparatus to settle.

One way to feel positive about this is to think that you are bequeathing your spot to someone who has probably been suffering for much longer than you have.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 2
    30. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I wasn't able to get off the fence over the weekend so I sent them another round of questions this morning.

What I want to know is whether it's possible to get assessed in Ireland and use that assessment in the US. Along those lines, I want to know whether I have to commit to the actual device on-site or not if I'm accepted. The thought process is I want to hold onto the option of going ahead with treatment through Ireland in November but to limit things to a single trip if by November it looks like it will be in the US soon enough for me to wait for the rest. Kind of a convoluted strategy but probably the best way to play the odds.

What I don't want to do is commit under false pretenses and then back out last minute. That would be too selfish.

• Like Like x 1