Let's Give Everybody Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Support' started by ShereeTemporary, May 26, 2016.

1. ShereeTemporary
      Cheerful

ShereeTemporary Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Hi guys, I am the one whose employer played a dumb joke by bursting an inflatable packaging into my ear. Have not properly slept since then.
      But it's ok, my (ex) company look like they're gonna get away with it.. and I (the victim who they also fired) will have a hefty bill in legal fees.
      So why don't we just all go around spreading tinnitus to all!! The world would be buzzing and humming and you will get away with injury!

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      Hi,
      i understand your anger. Espescially when you get T by the stupidity of someone else.and then you get fired and have to pay the fees. That sucks and is very unfair. I can understand why you would want to give yor employer Tinnitus. So he experiences it himself. Fuckin moron. At least after he made a mistake he should admit it and pay.
      Giving everybody else T is a bad idea though.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      So sorry to hear that. The injustice that T sufferers have to endure on top of their T is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
      We shoud form an organization to fight for our rights!
      A supporting site where we can cry on each other's shoulder is FAR FROM SUFFICIENT!
      How many times I have to repeat myself? We should get organized to get the rights we should have!
      A single person who suffers from T is way too exhausted to be able to fight alone against the persecution she/he is subjected to. If we got organized, like other sufferers of other ailments did, we could do more for each other!
      Why we cannot unite and fight against the ignorance and persecution we are subjected to?
      Why??????????????????
      Only with our voices united we can get into other people's heads that T is not just, "oh, some sound!", so what's the big deal all about.
      We should get proper care and our condition, which in some cases is so terrible that pushes an afflicted person to suicide, should receive the acknowledgment it is entitles to, at the very least.
      What is our fault that our condition can be transformed into images only in a few medical machines that are in the world?
      What is our fault that our suffering is invisible to the naked eye?
      Our suffering is inside, invisible, but I would rather have a horrible visible skin condition on my face than this T, cause in the latter case I could sleep at night, hear my thoughts, have some peace of soul/mind.
      The author of this thread suffered a horrible injustice.
      What we can do for her besides giving her cyber hugs, which do not change her situation very much?
      Until we get organized T sufferers will continue to suffer not only from T, but from terrible injustice, and it is only our fault that we do not get organized!
      I am at a loss as to why we do not unite to stand a chance in the fight for getting the rights we ought to have.
      EFFING UNBELIEVABLE!

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      A small explosive planted in his office, might settle the score?

• Funny Funny x 3
    5. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      You can get an attorney on a contingent fee. That way you don't have legal fees unless you win.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      I AGREE 100% with you,
      cyber hugs and good intentions are just not enough anymore.
      time to stand up and make noise.
      we need a leader!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness

Just because one idiot does wrong, does not mean that will blast the world with this horrible ordeal. Anger does not mean its logical......

8. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Get off your high horse, give her a break and let her vent.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Basically some idiot did her wrong and now the whole world should suffer with hearing loss and tinnitus, grow up and get help :)

This forum is about hearing loss and tinnitus and people like you think its ok, for others to suffer from the very same stuff that drives people to suicide...get help and yes i am on my damn high horse and thats why i can cope and handle this BS that i have had for close to 30 plus years...........and that will not change :)

The sad part is that this is a tinnitus support forum and people are suffering daily from this horrible ordeal and its ok for people to vent and say let the world get tinnitus? That defeats the whole purpose of this forum.....

Venting is ok but stupidity is not ok.......

10. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      did i heard leader? ahh...
      austrian leader here - so you know what happens :)
      you guys follow me and i will give you your cure, promise.
      but first invade the world :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    11. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      Relax @fishbone, obviously she does not seriously want everybody to get tinnitus..
      Her message was sarcastic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ShereeTemporary
      Cheerful

ShereeTemporary Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Thanks for the messages of support you guys. Last night I wrote that when I was in a very bad place.
      I am asking for a second opinion. They nearly deafened me. And they would still get away with it if they did. The netherlands has clearly a flawed justice system .

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ShereeTemporary
      Cheerful

ShereeTemporary Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      I live in Netherlands and there is no such thing as a contingent fee. I am facing a huge bill even though I am the injured one. It's egregious.

14. Song interpreter
      Creative

Song interpreter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much noise
      My ringing is because of someone else too. I wouldn't mind if they experienced some ringing. Just long enough to understand what they are doing to others so they will stop. What they do affects thousands, but they still won't turn the sound down. Feel free to read my story.

I am sorry that you keep on paying for someone else's actions. It's not fair. It's not right. I understand.

15. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Haha. Wtf!? What are Smoking man? Where in the hell did I state that it was okay for others to suffer? Don't tell me what "people like me think". You have no clue.

16. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The origins of our tinnitus were very similar. Some times I really want to vent but I bite my tongue on the open forum. You know I share your frustration.

I think it can make it harder to deal with, at least for me it does. Any time I think about what caused my tinnitus I get angry, and any time I think about how I was treated afterwards I get even more angry. When I get that angry my tinnitus screams. This is just 24/7 torture caused by someone else's idiocy and there is nothing I can do about it. I have had permanent injuries caused at least in part by myself, and it's a whole lot easier to forgive yourself than others.

In most places, tinnitus is not even seen as a real injury. Hearing loss is, but tinnitus without hearing loss is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Unfortunately all our efforts so far have not had any success!
      I simply see myself cursed for having something that the whole world is happy to turn a blind eye on:(

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    18. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      Did you try suing in the invidividual? They should be liable for any damage done to you.

That's why, as far as I'm aware, personal liability insurance is quite a big thing here for this very reason.

ABN AMRO:
      What this insurance covers
      Liability insurance compensates in full the damage that you or a member of your family does to someone else's belongings. It also compensates accidental injury to a third party. The insurance pays out if you are legally liable. Your own assets are protected. You can take out cover of €1,250,000 or €2,500,000.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ShereeTemporary
      Cheerful

ShereeTemporary Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      I sued the company for negligence but the ear nose throat doctor told me he does not want any part in it so he put his hand on my face and saw my jaw was tense, had me open my mouth the widest possible and then said "yeah i am putting down here that you have tmj. Your tinnitus is caused by the bang but is persistent because of stiff jaw." I am going for a second opinion

20. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      I don't want to give everyone tinnitus, just the ones that deserve it, meaning the ones that give other people tinnitus by being loud and doing loud things.