Lifetime of Ear Problems

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CWKckck, May 26, 2017.

1. CWKckck

CWKckck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkinown
      Hi. I'm a 50+ year old female from south Louisiana. Looking forward to researching and following this group--a bunch of people with some of the same bothersome symptoms.

I've had ear problems my entire life. In 2008, around 3:30 pm I started having a ear ache. By 8:30 pm my left ear drum had ruptured leaving only 1/3 of it intact. After about a 1 year I had surgery to rebuild my ear drum hoping to regain my hearing in that ear. Unfortunately, my hearing never recovered, but from what my doctor says I have a beautiful new ear drum.

I've had tinnitus for so long I can't say when it began. Long before the problems in 2008.

A question I've asked the doctor and haven't gotten a worthy answer is: How come when I pop my ears by holding my nose and blowing, my hearing comes back very clear and normal for just 10 seconds or so. It then slowly goes back to what it normally is (currently legally deaf in that ear.) Tinnitus doesn't change--loud high pitched squeal. If I can make my hearing come back, I feel that there should be a procedure that would help me regain my hearing without a hearing aid. Has anyone else had this. This has been bothering me for years and I'd really like to know the true answer to this.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Since you condition is quite specific, if you don't get a response with similar experience or condition, you may either post again in the main support forum or do a search on TT to see if this is something others have too. Good luck. God bless.