Looking for Support and Positivity Please

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sarab22, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Sarab22

Sarab22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone,

I am a 31 year old female with no history of loud noise exposure.

About 4 weeks ago I was quite sick with a cold and sore throat for a few days. It took a while to feel recovered. I have a history of sinus problems and was diagnosed with sinusitis years ago but do not take anything for this. I think my sinuses have been a bit more messed up than usual since that sickness. About a week after I initially got sick I started to notice a ringing in my ears (both ears). I have previously had earwax buildup and had it removed so I went and had this done again, hoping the ringing would go away. It did not. I went to another clinic who told me I had fluid in both ears probably because of my cold and they were hopeful the ringing was due to that.

Last week the fluid was almost gone and the ringing continued so I went to the audiologist today.

He said there was no fluid or abnormal ear pressure or issues with my eustachian tube. He also said I have flawless hearing and everything looks perfect. He said that sometimes when your ears go through sometime like fluid or sickness related to sinuses etc it is a type of "trauma" to them and they could take several months to recover and return to their normal. He said that it is possible my ears are highly sensitive and recovering and said I could be hopeful that the tinnitus will subside once my ears are healed. (When I was pregnant last year I got similarly sick to this past sickness and developed fluid in my ear and also pulsating tinnitus for about 2 weeks.)

I am just wondering if anyone has any positive experience or support or just general knowledge on my experience and looking for some hope/reassurance that there is a good chance it will subside. Please do not tell me anything that will break my hope. I am already aware of the possibilities, but just trying to be hopeful right now. I will add that I have had a particularly stressful last couple of years. I got engaged, moved provinces, started a new job, became pregnant and had a baby then planned a wedding which just past in August.

I am dealing with a particularly opinionated mother in law who really has caused me a great deal of stress and actually very much stressed me out right before I got sick. I know stress can increase tinnitus symptoms and am therefore trying to be a positive as possible. Thank you so much for any positive support if you can provide some.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      He may be right as it was said often here that our ears may take 6 months to approx 2 years to get stable so there is quite a high chance that your T will subside. You can also try to read up on the success stories to see that many people were in your shoes but get better over time. If your T is caused by the specific problem as he said, then it is quite possible that your T will subside when your ears are healed. Good luck. God bless.

3. TinA#7oct
      Amused

TinA#7oct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Handpiece's (air driven turbine drills) repair of
      Sarab22, I am hoping you are having a better day, The Forum Promotes inclusiveness, and heartfelt compassion
      for those of us who suffer from tinnitus, and a place for discovery, sharing, aspirations, benevolence, and positivity.
      To help sometimes when I'm down, I would go to the "Good News Network" where only good news and heart felt stories are shared. For example, the story about a Russian family watching tv with their three hundred pound adopted bear named STEPAN.
      I enjoy reading or watching things that make me feel better as l struggle sometimes with tinnitus. I found that I could no longer watch the news or anything that sparked negative emotions, because it made my tinnitus
      more unbearable. Wear earplugs when your around loud noises, and stay busy. Below is something that I have learned from people on the tinnitus forum, that has helped me to move forward.

Try to avoid reading, watching, or listening to negative things
      These may fuel a few symptoms of depression, anxiety or strife
      Try to do more of the things that give you eustress instead of distress
      And warm your heart with the many splendors and happinesses of life

My heart goes out to you and your family, TinA#7oct

• Hug Hug x 1