Loud, Crashing Waves

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by neil33, Jun 21, 2017.

1. neil33
      Pensive

neil33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      shift work
      Hello Fellow Tinnitus Sufferers,

I work shift work, days 7 to 7. I also work nights, 7 to 7.

I have severe tinnitus, usually loud crashing waves. Sometimes it is so intense that it blocks out normal conversation and it appears that I cannot hear. When the noise quiets down, my hearing returns to normal. I have had an audiology exam and my hearing is normal for my age.

I have tried different methods. Habituation, Acupuncture, White Noise, Massage, Psychotherapy.

I find that Indian Head Massage really helps my stress levels, and therefore my raging tinnitus.

I went to a psychologist and that really helped.

I recently found notched White Noise to really puts my tinnitus on the back burner. The tinnitus will never be gone but at least I can make it less intense.

Tinnitus can be treated and tinnitus sufferers don't have to be ruled by the constant noises going on. For me, it just has been a matter of trying different therapies. I am sure that I will have to continue different therapies if I want to control tinnitus. There is no reason any of us has to suffer.

I look forward to reading your posts.

regards.

Neil

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @neil33
      Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your strategies to our members. Hope to see you participate in discussions to help our struggling members. Take care. God bless.

3. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis then volume then viral infection
      What did you use to establish your tinnitus frequency and how do you apply the therapy?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      neil33
      Pensive

neil33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      shift work
      To establish my frequency, I simply listened to various frequencies. I matched up the frequency that matched up with the noise in my head. Once I knew that, then I listened to to white noise with that frequency removed, otherwise known as "notched sound".