Lying There Relaxing and Listening to the Tinnitus Makes It Fade Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Reece bude, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Reece bude

Reece bude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gig/Etd retracted full eardrum
      Hello everyone I'm 3 months into this and I'm pretty sure mine was noise Induced , however had a bad ear infection blocked eustachian tube and retracted ear drum etc, all the physical stuff has healed now, my hearing tests are perfect.

I still have tinnitus if i listen or think about it in a silent room. I'm fed up of running from it using masking at night so I tried lying down in my room and letting all my muscles go and my t peaked as it does when I do this then levelled off, I then listened to it and kept repeating it's just a noise and thinking of my girlfriends face and happy times like last night, when i managed to chill with my family and forget tinnitus.

After a minute doing this and almost going off to sleep I noticed the tone came down and it just go almost washy into the background!

Anyone else have success like this ?

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I find in silence mine pretty much goes away too. It's everyday sounds that mine reacts to like music or the wind etc

I assume this is caused by damaged hair cells so as sound moves over the damaged hair cells I hear the tinnitus but in silence nothing is moving the hair cells and therefore it's quiet.

3. Cam Cam

Cam Cam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/11/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      yeah bro, mine can be a bit like that as well. the most annoying thing is the sound distortion i have and hearing loss i.e. my music sounds different because i cant pick up the certain sounds anymore. it sounds like a bit of a mess. The T isn't so bad after awhile it's just like there which shows perception goes a long way. good work tho man

4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Nothing really means anything if you can do it once , as in if this is repeatable you might be on to something that works for you , if not , then well..

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reece bude

Reece bude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gig/Etd retracted full eardrum
      Works all the time , was wondering does anyone else know what I mean by making the tinnitus peak ? I do it by completely relaxing all my muscles and taking my breath down really low , before this 3 month spike I remember thinking about how i never heard it by almost semi tensing my ears and breathing over the top! Also does anyone feel like when they haven't heard it all day when they lay down it almost comes out in a big burst then settles again ?

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Mindfulness meditation is what you are describing. Refer to dr jen ganns website for more info

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1