Me Again! Update on How Things Are :)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by AnneG, Feb 26, 2016.

1. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hey everyone! Wow I really missed TT, i can never go away for so long I just have to come back!

So its 2016 now! Things are going well for me, graduated last year and now I'm working as a full time chef at one of the best hotels here in the philippines! Yay me! Haha :) It hasn't been easy, through it all I had T while i studied, while I did my school work, while I was on my on the job training, and till now actually. I don't know why but when I woke up yesterday my T was on its loudest ever! Its a new one for me, feels like my left ear is blocked and I'm underwater or something, its giving me a little headache. Isn't it just insane how T seem to take a life of its own? So annoying. But lol anyways I'm taking it well despite the fact that as I'm typing this i can hear it. I remember the first time I had T it was nothing compared to this yet I freaked out, cried and panic like there was no more tomorrow. Yet now despite it almost being defeaning I'm okay, it worries me again but I'm okay. I don't know if its because I'm used to noises in my head and I can just zone it out or its because of the mental notes I tell myself on those days when my T almost seem like its gone i tell myself "nope dont be so confident, just be ready, always ready for the worst" I know it seem negative but that helps me though, i somehow managed to train myself. That's pretty much it, I hope everyone is doing great, hang on if you're in a dark place I know you'll make it out. You have to okay? :) you are not alone.

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Again welcome back @AnneG. I can smell the great foods you prepare already. Hahaha. It must feel good to major in culinary arts. You can compete in Iron Chef someday. Hahaha.

Ya, I feel the same way about my T too. It is perhaps louder than it first started. A few years back it turned me into a mess. But I don't give a dime to T any more high or low nowadays and I don't tip-toe around it to give it more power. It has lost its tyranny over me. As I am typing it is brought forth to consciousness and yes, it is loud and shrieking high pitch. But in a minute or so, it would be faded out as I pay no attention to it. The body is an amazing thing. A few years back I had to take all kinds of meds to survive my T. But now a spiking T has no effect on me. It is now just a paper tiger. All the best to you and God bless.

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13

I'm so jealous, there are still times for me when i worry about it. Not very often now than before but it happens. I pray to be in a place where you are soon :)

4. Carlos
      Surrender

Carlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thank you for sharing such a great outlook. I feel I can relate to your story, Im still going to school and trying to get my career back together. My t. also got worse this last year, to the point where I couldnt zone it out and Im stuck in a whole right now. Your story is helpful, I hope to write a similar one like yours.....hopefully sometime soon.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      TIME is of the essence. I am 4 years older in T-age, lol. It will happen over time as you focus on the priorities of your life and keep up the positive & vibrant spirit.

6. aNg22

aNg22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earphone? maybe . i dont know yet
      hi. im new here. author how since when u got ur T?

7. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey there, I was just curious how you were able to habituate to loud T? Its been like 3 years and I habituate maybe half the time. I had breakdowns at work.