Meltdown Crisis

Discussion in 'Support' started by Scott T, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      in full crisis mode...had a house full of kids and i could not take it and had a panic attack. After they left i am just here sitting on the floor with tears in my eyes. T is so bad and out of control. I was fine a fucking week ago until my ears were cleaned out. I was in a managble spike but I fine. I WAS FINE..now I cant see beyond the next minute in my life

• Hug Hug x 6
    2. TMLB

TMLB Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I've been there. You have days when you think I can hear it but I'm doing OK, and then that night or the next day all you can hear is the T and the anxiety builds.. Know that it will go down again, take some deep breaths, drink cold water, cry if you need to, yell if you need to. It will and does get better. It will go down again. You can make it through this -- you no doubt have had to do it in the past and you can do it again.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Scott,
      Sorry to hear your going through a tough patch with your tinnitus since you had them cleaned out.
      Welcome pm me or phone me or Skype call or whatsapp if not in the UK as mine is a mobile.
      Stay strong Scott ....lots of love glynis

4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Scott T . Hi . Try to hold your head up and say to yourself it's a bad time but there's good days ahead. Don't let this T get the better of you. All of us on this forum are behind you.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      just looked at clock and it occurred to me that a week ago i was driving to ENT to evaluate T spike and ear pain. Had ear waxed removed via microsuction and my life has been f'd ever since. Never took anxiety meds in 36 years but I have now. So mad at ENT, myself. I have had so many lows over the past week because of this.

6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Scott,
      I was wondering how you are.
      I'm sure over time it will get a little easier for you but you might not feel that way at the moment.
      Tinnitus is hard to cope with and all the unwanted emotions that comes with it as the sound invades our life.
      Your life will get better with support from your family,doctor and us guys on here.
      Talking therapy works wonders also....lots of love glynis

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      Hi Scott,

On the same boat Scott, never took or touched any anti anxiety meds for 41 years of my life and today God gives me this to deal with. I am so ashamed of myself today that I cannot handle this. I came out of my house at 20 and ever since have been living this life at my terms and today God hands me this...what am I supposed to do ? I have a sweet 13 year old daughter....sometimes this is so bad I want to do something to myself....but dont have the courage.

Anyways, I am already 3 months down the line, on a anti anxeity called Buspar....but thinking I might need more to cope with this demon. I dont want to get addicted but might have to....what choice do I have ?

Thanks for listening, Mita

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      Mita
      Have you tried talking to someone besides the forum. That is what I'm trying to do

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Scott,
      CBT therapy or MIND or the Samaritans or private counselling will help and I'm always happy talk with you....lots of love glynis

10. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Since it has been so long I think you should try to take something for depression. Lamictal is pretty good for me most of the time but you have to titrate it. Another one is Remeron which made me very hungry. SSRI's might be something you could look into to see how they work for you. What happened to me when I was on them years ago, was that after a week or so when they kicked in, whatever bothered me didn't bother me anymore. It was a very happy feeling. However, weeks later nothing might bother me at all and I might get apathetic. SSRI induced apathy. I had to go down very slowly to get off. I hope you get better soon. Also, before all this really check out hearing aids. They have helped me a lot.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      Over a week into this shit show and I have no relief. Like alot of people on this forum..How the hell did I end up with this. I just had my ears cleaned out by a ENT.....WTF.........

12. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Hi Scott T, sorry to hear you're in the same boat. 3 months ago I had microsuction done by ENT doc...it's left me with high pitched tinnitus, hyperacusis and ear fullness. I've tried steroids and vasodilators but no effect. I'm also taking magnesium, vit b12, zinc and vit c. Not sure if it's helping but can't hurt.

13. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      I'm really sorry to hear that. I honestly suggest you go to the doctor and get either Xanax or Klonopin for times like this. I just take on the bad days so it's not addictive. Don't believe all the crap people tell you about these drugs; just be sensible with them :)

We all know how you feel, but go and get help.

14. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Scott,
      I know how you feel .
      Did you have any advice prior to wax removal about using olive oil a week to ten days before was removal ?
      I really hope it settles down for you and goes away and not left you with permanant tinnitus....
      Stay positive for now ....lots of love glynis

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      I just need this to settle down to wear it was. My level before was crappy but I was able to cope and accepted that I am a T sufferer. The current pitch is just awful and has taken me away from everything.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      One of my few posts in last week but just having a hard time. A week ago my T spiked from microsuction. Will it return to my baseline? This is all i need? Just baseline. I don't even want it to go away.

17. Karel
      Tired

Karel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I'm in kind of the same situation as you are. I had my T&H under control until I made a couple of really long phonecalls two weeks ago which suddenly and unexpectedly made everything blow up. Now my T has almost doubled, my H makes even normal sounds uncomfortable, and speaking on the phone for more than a few minutes makes my ear burn, something which I never had before. It's unfair, I never knew that could happen, and I just want to undo those calls and go back to the way things were, because as bad as that was, this is much worse.
      However, I try to keep in mind that it's still possible things will recede again in time. Sometimes the body needs time to heal, and I'm hopeful that maybe in a few weeks or even months I'll go back to the way I was. And even if I don't, I will try to habituate again, like I did last time. Having a big setback is terrible, especially if it's not even really your own fault, but things can get better again, gotta look past now. Just gotta be patient and try to stay calm. Stressing out definitely makes everything worse, no matter the situation.