My Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kay Double U, May 21, 2015.

1. Kay Double U

Kay Double U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      In general when I am laying in bed or in a quiet place I can just hear a ringing sensation..

If I put my finger over my left ear, it is like a hum rather than a 'ring'..

If I put my finger over my right ear, it is a high pitched ring

When I shout I can hear a fluttering sensation in BOTH ears..

Please could anyone shed some light for me? I just want to be my old self again and this makes a mixture of dizziness / tiredness / inability to concentrate & general spaced out feeling for me :( x

2. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Hi Kay. What you are experiencing is not unusual. I have all sorts of fluttering, noises and tones going on at once and have for years now. Best thing to do is the hardest--just go about your day trying to pay as little attention to it as possible. Sounds impossible, but gets easier as time passes. My T is there but I pay attention to it very little. I couldn't do this for at least a year or longer. But now, piece of cake. I have too many other things going on. Take care

3. Kay Double U

Kay Double U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Hi, thank you for your reply. It's not really the fluttering or the actual ringing that bother me hugely - it's the side effects.

I'm constantly spaced out and unable to focus, feel very dreamlike and constantly dizzy, just feel out of it. At first I thought I was going mad, it was after I noticed the fluttering and Tinnitus and realised it might be related..

4. erik
      Breezy

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I remember experiencing that also or something similar. I also had months of constant migraines, ear pains, dizziness and anxiousness. I think the stress from T and H was causing anxiety so extreme for me that it caused many physical symptoms. It's difficult to know for sure but all those symptoms for me eventually subsided.

5. Kay Double U

Kay Double U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      How long did it take to feel back to normal? its been about 8-9 months for me now

6. erik
      Breezy

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I felt a little better each month after 6-8 months but really took about a year-and-a-half before I felt I was on the sunny side of the mountain. Everybody is a bit different. I know people who only need a few months to get back to into the groove and for others it took a few years. I think a lot of it has to do with how other things are in your life. That can impact your overall well-being, good and bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. RicoS
      Confused

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      Same here....the more I focus on it the more different tones I hear especially when I stick my fingers in my ears (don't do that)...also some distortion in sound. Stress makes it more bothersome. I have up and downs for almost 2 years now, but I habituated one so I guess it will happen again.

8. RicoS
      Confused

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      That depends on how bothersome you think you T is. For instance at the moment I'm upstairs and can hardly hear it , but hear some randoms electric zaps in my right ear. Very faint, but I get realy frustrated about it because it is a new sound. For some reason my old T, I hardly hear at the moment because my mind is focused on the new sound.
      But my old T was very loud. So I guess that what the mind sees as an enemy it will focus on.