My Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kay Double U, May 21, 2015.

1. Kay Double U

Kay Double U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      In general when I am laying in bed or in a quiet place I can just hear a ringing sensation..

If I put my finger over my left ear, it is like a hum rather than a 'ring'..

If I put my finger over my right ear, it is a high pitched ring

When I shout I can hear a fluttering sensation in BOTH ears..

Please could anyone shed some light for me? I just want to be my old self again and this makes a mixture of dizziness / tiredness / inability to concentrate & general spaced out feeling for me :( x

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Hi Kay. What you are experiencing is not unusual. I have all sorts of fluttering, noises and tones going on at once and have for years now. Best thing to do is the hardest--just go about your day trying to pay as little attention to it as possible. Sounds impossible, but gets easier as time passes. My T is there but I pay attention to it very little. I couldn't do this for at least a year or longer. But now, piece of cake. I have too many other things going on. Take care

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kay Double U

Kay Double U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Hi, thank you for your reply. It's not really the fluttering or the actual ringing that bother me hugely - it's the side effects.

I'm constantly spaced out and unable to focus, feel very dreamlike and constantly dizzy, just feel out of it. At first I thought I was going mad, it was after I noticed the fluttering and Tinnitus and realised it might be related..

4. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I remember experiencing that also or something similar. I also had months of constant migraines, ear pains, dizziness and anxiousness. I think the stress from T and H was causing anxiety so extreme for me that it caused many physical symptoms. It's difficult to know for sure but all those symptoms for me eventually subsided.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kay Double U

Kay Double U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      How long did it take to feel back to normal? its been about 8-9 months for me now

6. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I felt a little better each month after 6-8 months but really took about a year-and-a-half before I felt I was on the sunny side of the mountain. Everybody is a bit different. I know people who only need a few months to get back to into the groove and for others it took a few years. I think a lot of it has to do with how other things are in your life. That can impact your overall well-being, good and bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      Same here....the more I focus on it the more different tones I hear especially when I stick my fingers in my ears (don't do that)...also some distortion in sound. Stress makes it more bothersome. I have up and downs for almost 2 years now, but I habituated one so I guess it will happen again.

8. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      That depends on how bothersome you think you T is. For instance at the moment I'm upstairs and can hardly hear it , but hear some randoms electric zaps in my right ear. Very faint, but I get realy frustrated about it because it is a new sound. For some reason my old T, I hardly hear at the moment because my mind is focused on the new sound.
      But my old T was very loud. So I guess that what the mind sees as an enemy it will focus on.