My Experience Tonight

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Jun 11, 2017.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      So I went to a birthday party tonight and it was quite interesting. First of all I had kids running around me screaming at the top of their lungs. I am sure, that I was the only one with tinnitus there (well mine is very severe and bad in both ears). The kids would not stop screaming and i had no control over any of it at all. I kept my cool and didn't let the noise rattle me.

I was playing with one of the kids and everytime he threw the rubber ball he'd scream so loud and my ears did not like it. I am a caring guy and kids love me, I'm hoping to be a dad..even with this horrible tinnitus..hopefully one day :)

I am standing outside and the family was drinking and just cracking stupid jokes and jibbering nonsense towards me. I smiled and said that they can say whatever nonsense they like, I am mentally not shaken by stupidity at all...

Being mentally strong is the key in this life. My tinnitus bothers me 24 7 and its loud, but i had no control over them kids. Their jokes were not bothering me at all, tinnitus and life has made my skin super tough and i'm not rattled by drunken jokes.

I was thinking of this board, when the kids were screaming and my heart goes out to those that have to deal with this stuff....Stay strong!!!!

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have three of the little devils
      myself and you just have to ride with the noise. They can be very unpredictable but that's just kids.
      So glad you haven't given up on having a family one day.
      Being a parent is awesome.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. ChineseHazel

ChineseHazel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,fishbone.Maybe we should make sure that there is a pair of earplug with us?
      Definitely know your feelings.My English is so poor that I can't express my mind in a perfect way,but I think if I could talk to you fluently,all I want to say is you will be better off,you will.;)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In all honesty, last night had some good points and some annoying stuff as well.

The great news is that I have not had a spike today at all. I have an extended family that talks a lot of garbage and wearing an ear plug in their home, means that they all start talking more shit and being idiots.

3-4 of them were egging me on for a fight, this was a good 45 minutes of trash talking....I smiled and said that you guys are inferior to me and you need to flap your gums. I kept smiling and it was amazing how one person with nasty tinnitus and many other elements could be in such control of their emotions and laugh at silly fools...

It takes a lot to control one self. People that suffer from severe tinnitus , already have the plates full, and it's hard to not get pissed when idiots are mouthing off to you as well.

The screaming and the environment was pretty loud, but we don't have control at times....

I went because of the kids there and all them kids loved me like an uncle and I almost had 1 kid..almost 21 years ago..so I'm hoping I can have 1 kid before leaving this earth...

5. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      But i don't understand. They where making fun of you why? Because of your T?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sorry you had a difficult time esp with family. I've had plenty of issues with people acting like I am just being oversensitive. In school I was bullied because I often couldn't understand what people were saying or I'd get lost in the middle of a conversation or couldnt respond fast enough. It helped make me shy even now. Its no fun though and sad that adults don't seem to grow up and learn better behavior.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      These people don't know i have tinnitus...They don't even know what tinnitus is.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It is what it is.....I was not bothered...just felt sorry for them.