My First Post Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Christo, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Christo
      Amazed

Christo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, possible ear infection
      And this point, I am feel exhausted, broken, sad and yet, as I write this, I see the burgeoning optimism on the horizon. I will get through this, I know.

I have had tinnitus since Nov 30 2016. It started one morning unexpectantly, some pain in the back of my head that subsided and turned into this ring I thought would go away. It is still here and had heaten-up a few times. Things were going so well in my life and it all gets spoiled with this ridiculous ring.

I have checked-in to the Montreal Tinnitus Clinic. As I write these lines, this is where I have been for the last week and 1/2. Their treatment is cocktail of acoustic simulation, Transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) and bio/neuro feedback. The jury is still out on how effective this treatment is, but I have had a few moments of silence and intense optimism. At the same time, I have had moments of loud screetch and despair. It goes up and it goes down.

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Christo,

Welcome to the site!

Do you know what the source of the head pain was? Was it just a headache or some kind of injury? Also, is the ringing in both ears?

Please keep us updated on your treatment method.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Christo. Hi and welcome. You haven't had tinnitus for very long so there is a good chance that it may go away. If it doesn't don't despair there is a lot of help and advice all here on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christo
      Amazed

Christo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MikeL1972

Thanks for your kind reply.

I don't know where the pain in the back of the head came from. The ENT thinks it's from a virus that turned into an hear infection. I personally suspect that I accidentally banged my head on the night-table next to my bed during my sleep. But we don't know. I did not have a headache.

I only have tinnitus in my left ear. I will keep you updated on my treatment.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christo
      Amazed

Christo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Richard zurowski

Thanks for the kind and encouraging post, my hope is that it does go away. But I am prepared for all possibilities. We will see how it goes. When is tinnitus considered chronic? After how many months do the chances of it going away become bad?

6. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Christo. The longer you have tinnitus the chances are that it will become permanent. How long do you have to have tinnitus for it to become permanent I'd say a few mouths at best. But having said that I've heard some people have had tinnitus for many years and there tinnitus has diminished but I guess that's very rare.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christo
      Amazed

Christo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks I will keep this in mind.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christo
      Amazed

Christo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Richard zurowski

Wanted to mention that the tinnitus is a result of some minor hearing loss. Is it still possible that it goes away in the next few months?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christo
      Amazed

Christo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think things in the long run are going to be all right.