My Hypothesis About What Could Be Causing Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by newuser1986, Apr 13, 2017.

1. newuser1986

newuser1986 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi guys, I'm new! First of all I apologize if this topic is in the wrong thread, I will skip the details about introducing myself, I want to focus only in the facts of my hypotesis and I want to ask your opinion.

The facts:
      -2 years with tinnitus (only in my right ear).
      -Noise induced (even when I used ear protection)
      -Normal hearing according to tests after tinnitus.
      -Before tinnitus I got Ear fullness for a week (that remains until today).
      -Early episodes of hyperacusis that got cured 99% (Yes, If hyperacusis got cured, why tinnitus can't)
      - When I inflate the middle ear by blowing air up through my nose, my left ear (no tinnitus) keeps the air for more time than my right ear (with tinnitus), actually it seems to be unable to keep the air.

Now, I know I'm not a doctor, but as a tinnitus sufferer I have my own hypothesis:
      I think that what is causing noises has to do with unbalanced air pressure in the ears, it doesn't matter what caused tinnitus, (I mean, noise induced, injury... etc.).

I would like to know how many of you is suffering of ear fullness and how many don't, maybe we could get a more close approach to the main problem.

Thank you and greetings to everyone!

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Lee 47

Lee 47 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb. 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear slap + Hearing loss
      Check out what I just posted about my experience to date, more so the one today.
      Thanks

3. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      Unbalanced air pressure can cause tinnitus usually through eustachian tube dysfunction but I don't buy the hypothesis that tinnitus comes from it because most people with tinnitus have hearing loss. Hearing loss would have to cause the unbalanced air pressure and if there was imbalanced ear pressure it could be measured by checking the eardrum. If there was an imbalance then it would've been found out by now with all the people visiting the clinic or ENT after being exposed to loud sounds.

4. Nikopol

Nikopol Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (sinuses, stress or cervical...doc opinions differ)
      The thing here is that generally audiology doesnt test higher frequencies.

Current opinion is that lack of sound input from certain frequencies create backslash in brain who compensate for lack of them by creating tinnitus. Bigger the loss, bigger the tinnitus. All in all, everyone has tinnitus to some point. They made tests where they put non-T people in sound proof room. About 95 percent of them reported hearing some sort of ringing, even though next to none external sound actually got inside the room.

When I yesterday talked to my collegue about T, he actually stopped for a while and said that when there is no sound he also hears low level hissing and that he always thought that is the "sound of silence" and never paid it no mind. I wonder how many people like him are around. Probably a lot.

5. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      I had an ear fullness at my T onset that lasted for two weeks. Everytime I titled my head, that fullness would make a "thump" noise. Two weeks after that fullness disappeared. T however still remains (dammit).