My Newest Noise

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, May 10, 2017.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi folks,

Today a new noise/sound has come to live with me. It's the noise of a loud lawn mower/gardening equipment. I been at this game for too long to get upset. So, I have basically welcomed my new friend and will not frustrate myself and try to kick it out :)

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Your first low frequency sound?

Sorry to hear man!

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Sorry to hear this @fishbone. You have had tinnitus long enough to be able to cope with any changes and I wish you well. However, I don't mean to teach you how to suck eggs, but want to say when someone has tinnitus that was caused by loud noise as yours, mine and others. If it gets worse or a new sound is introduced, the usual cause is exposure to loud sound even though we might not be aware of it. I know you use headphones but even at low volume they can cause problems. Just something to think about. Something has caused this new sound, I don't think it happened just out of the blue.

All the best
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    4. hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ear infection/noise
      I got a new noise Monday. It blends in with my other sound. Still sucks.

Between the 5 sounds I have, I'm thinking I will have a rainforest in my head one day.

I hear a faint beeping, an annoying beep beep beep, then an EEEEE with a buzz, then faint sizzling, and a faint chime. Some times not all of these noises are present though, they seem to happen at different times of the day.

5. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Not a new noise but afraid when I hear new sounds thinking for a second oh no. A couple of days ago I twice heard a sound like being buzzed by a little flying critter. Both times in different rooms I looked and didn't see anything. I heard it in the same ear too. ( The quiet ear). Today at the park lots of buzzing sounds - boats, sawing , bugs. Made me concerned to notice it. Like if I hear a sound long enough I won't be able to stop. This is crazy I know but this loud one sided ringing has been going on since Oct/Nov and it is trying my patience.

Kudos for being able to laugh. I adapted before and Im trying to be upbeat but this is annoying.

Lynn

6. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Good attitude. What else can we do!

7. RudyL90

RudyL90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      I admire your positive attitude towards the new sound. :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      It sucks having a low sound and high pitched sounds together. Very difficult to mask. I have a low drone in my right ear and a two tone high pitched sound inmy left. White noise is good for the left ear but just leaves me to concentrate on the drone. Pain in the arse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Update: My new noise has turned back into the air conditioner/microwave noise :)

I was ok with my new noise, but i missed my air conditioner noise :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1