My Observation (Sugar, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon)

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Aug 6, 2018.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Folks Fish here,

Lately I been getting a new tone that comes in very soft but it gets aggressive. I get this when I have too much sugar, peanut butter or cinnamon. This happens to me when I encounter all these things. If you like sugar, peanut butter and cinnamon and it works for you, great! We are all different, but these things tend to bring on a new tone for me....

I am just watching out for you folks. These things tend to bring on a new horrible tone for me and I don't want folks here to get more tones....

Bless...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @fishbone Sugar also does the same with me. When I first got T from ear syringing it was very loud. At year 3.5 years blood work showed that I had no sodium because I was avoiding it like the plague.

So I started to eat potato chips, drank more juice, got more sunlight to increase vitamin D and plenty of exercise. T dropped by 40%. I did other stuff like using mind over body. Salt is good for infection, but too much salt can also raise blood pressure and increase T.

Now with new physical related severe T, I'm depressed because of physical pain and mental pain.The lost of loved ones of my parents and cat is hitting me hard.

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I eat a lot of cinnamon. I will now see whether it has an impact on me. Thank you for alerting me to the possibility that it has the potential to spike one's T!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am so sorry for your pain. You shall be in my prayers!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bill it might not affect you, but I have noticed a new tone for myself, when I had peanut butter + cinnamon. I hope you don't get bothered by it....

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I get mystery spikes/fluctuations, but it is impossible to track all of the new foods and other factors that keep changing. However, once I know what I am looking for, it will be easy to see whether or not it has an impact on me.

7. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I recently cut out aspartame because I read that it's not good for tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    8. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert

Hmm. That sucks. So you don't think it has anything to do with the fat content? What do you eat with the peanut butter or cinnamon? Jelly or bread? Could it all be do to sugar? Or maybe you have a minor peanut allergy which triggers inner ear inflammation. I'll have to pay more attention to any effect food might have on my tinnitus. Thanks for the warning.

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I am still not 100% sure whether cinnamon can spike my T.

However, I can say that without a doubt sugary foods always spike it. If you eat dessert every day, you might be living in a never-ending spike. My advice is for you to eliminate all dessert foods from your diet.

• Agree Agree x 1