My Success Story

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Seda, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Seda

Seda Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A night out- probably combination of music and alcohol
      Hello, I have been dealing with tinnitus since 2004-2005. Back in the day I went to doctor, as usual they couldn't find a physical problem. And I learnt how to live with it.

I have a low pitch echoing tinnitus- type that you will have after a concert. So leaving with it was manageable when I am not in a silent room. It was getting worse when I got sick or went to a noisy place but always recovering back it's original tone. Approximately two years ago I had a random mild cold that changed my tinnitus completely. It turned it into a load annoying sound which is always there. Since I have 10 years of tinnitus experience, I didn't event bother to try to cure it because I knew it is not possible.

Then something else happen. Last year I started to get fresh ginger for completely other reasons. I got a dime size fresh ginger and chew it until my sinus and ears burn. Doing this for two weeks morning and night reversed my tinnitus back its low pitch not noticeable form. Even at nights I don't notice it. The interesting part is if I stop getting ginger for a month, that loud tinnitus comes back. Again two weeks of ginger reverses it back. My theory is either I have sinus bacteria that doesn't effect me but effects my ear and ginger helps to clear it out. Or it is ginger acting as an anti inflammator on my jaw joints. I am considering the second option because I have tmj inflammation time to time.

I hope my story will help others. Please let me know if you will need more information on my tinnitus history. I would be more than happy to help.

• Like Like x 8
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Cool story. Glad you're well adjusted.
      Do you have any hearing loss? Have you debugged the root cause for your T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Seda

Seda Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Greg, I had two audio tests in the past. One was ten years ago when everything has started. Second one was two years ago when my tinnitus gone bad. The results were clear- no hearing loss.

I don't really know what is the root cause of my T. All I know is bad sinus infection and bad TMJ inflammation have an effect on it. When I have them mild, usually they don't effect my T.

4. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      So just buy fresh ginger and chew it? How much of it?

5. sol auerbach

sol auerbach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sounds cool.
      I might try it.
      Where can i get it?
      Is it bad for acid reflux?
      I have a very bad case of acid reflux.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Jeannette

Jeannette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise, Allergy, Jaw, Neck-problems
      Hi Seda,
      it sounds interesting. I just read somewhere else about a kind of fungus that can grow in the middle ear (fungus overgrow) ad can cause tinnitus.
      I know, it sounds a bit strange, but it could explain your success. :)
      I love ginger and will try it out. :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Seda

Seda Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Marie79- Yes, just dime size fresh ginger. I am chewing it well before swallowing every morning and night.

Hi Sol, You can find it at any grocery store sells fresh vegetable. I am not sure if it will effect your acid reflux since I don't have acid reflux issues.

Hi Jeannette, You might be right. I was thinking that I might have some type of fungus overgrowth but I have never heard about middle ear fungus. I will look at it. Thanks !

8. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      Hi Seda,

This is very interesting. Worth a try as I have tender TMJ points. Thank you!

I also have mild acid reflux & drink ginger tea to relieve it. I would think chewing ginger probably will not cause acid reflux.

9. kampwoman

kampwoman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I read about your success and I'm going to give it a try. I've already purchased the ginger root and will keep you posted on how it works. Thanks for sharing your success story.

10. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      I'm going to try this.

Inexpensive potential remedy and my T is also noise-induced. Thanks!

11. kampwoman

kampwoman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I tried the ginger but didn't really work for me. I'm experimenting to figure it out. I stopped taking vitamins and Os-Cal with D. I also stopped eating so much salt to see if blood pressure had anything to do with it. I also started using a nasal spray for allergies to see if sinus pressure had a part in the problem. Yesterday it was so loud I didn't think I would be able to sleep. Today it's much better.

12. beew50

beew50 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do not know - possibly TMJ
      Thanks Seda for your story. I now recall trying a very hot red pepper paste or dip on crackers and did get some relief. I'll try anything at this point!