My Tinnitus... Finding It Very Hard to Cope

Discussion in 'Support' started by muzi, May 9, 2016.

1. muzi
      Alone

muzi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      hello people

I have tinnitus and I am finding it very difficult to cope. things are going from Bad to worse. depression is killing me. I need your advice people. It's been seven months.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @muzi Please put this post into the SUPPORT section and people will see it and be able to offer good advice. (This section here is for success stories <<-- and here's hoping that one day you WILL be able to post here with a good outcome!) Please hang in and definitely look at and post in the Support section - lots of good helpful people over there! :huganimation:

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Muzi,
      Sorry to hear your having a tough time with your tinnitus.
      Tinnitus comes with unwanted emotions that are just as bad as the sound itself.
      Make sure you get help with the depression from your doctor and talking therapy and medication .
      I know it might be hard get out of the bed in the morning but try get ready and something to eat and go for a walk.
      There is help and we are here around the clock to support you.....lots of love glynis welcome pm me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      You need to have some activities, go out and see nature. Try to hear the birds, going out the house is key. You need to get an iphone (if you already dont have one) and listen to soft music that matches the volume of your tinnitus. Mask it with white noise, do something. You can take herbal relax supplements, that make you feel relaxed. I take them almost daily, these are not addicting and wont give you withdrawal hell like anxiety pills.

Tinnitus is a hard thing to deal with, trust me...mine is super loud and many (99%) would not tolerate it, you just gotta be strong and live.

I am trying to get back into the dating scene and it is very hard for me, the noise is so loud and it is hard to want to try and date a new gal, when the tinnitus itself is so draining.....

You will be ok, just love yourself and do your best to cope.....

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    5. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      If you can do the natural supplements and it works I say go for it. I have heard of people taking Valerian Root for calming or St. John's Wort for depression. The first thing though is get your hearing checked..very important...if you have loss get it corrected with a hearing aid and get ones that have maskers. The maskers can really help calm you down. Drink lots of water and do some cardio exercise if you can. If all this fails you might have to get on medication for your depression. For me, I have to do it because I had depression before T. Right now, I am taking Lamictal which can be very energizing at first when I slowly titrated up (at least for me). It has to be slow or a serious rash can break out or may break out if someone is allergic to it. Other people take SSRI's or SNRI's but I did not do well with them because they made me apathetic. Some people like them though. As a last resort you can ask for Valium from the doctor to see if it is okay for you to take once in a while to calm you down. Shouldn't be taken long term though. Withdrawal and tolerance can be a nightmare...I have tried to withdrawal from Klonopin for a while now and haven't been able to. I am "fortunate" enough to have depression before T so I know there were things to help me deal with the depression. I know how it is. Hang in there...there are safety nets and technology to help you out.

6. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Forgot to ad this....if you go to a hearing aid place and have hearing loss, make sure the hearing aid dispenser knows what he is doing. There are certain things they can do to manipulate the hearing aid to reduce your perception of ringing...for example, amplifying it a little higher in your tinnitus frequency...make sure though that all amplifications are at a safe level and can not be amplified above a safe level.

7. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Caused by what ?

• Creative Creative x 1
    8. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      If the depression is killing you, I'd start with that. Lots of things you can do, start by visiting the right doctor and fully explaining your symptoms.
      When you start feeling a bit better and more optimistic, maybe you can find the time to understand why your tinnitus is getting worse and deal with that as well.

9. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Can you please give me a list of some anxiety Relief herbs

10. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      One of my favorite (non-prescription) pills are the L-theanine pills, they are very relaxing and if i feel that I am stressed, then I take 2 100mg pills. I take these sometimes...2-3 days in a row and then stop for 1-2 days. I also take a b complex vitamin and it helps relax me as well......

l-theanine may not exactly be herbal but it is a neat pill, that helps a lot. I also drink red wine almost on a daily basis... so these do help with my tinnitus.....