My Volume Recently Went Through the Roof.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Victor Blum, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Victor Blum

Victor Blum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Hi, I'm new to this so Im not sure that this is the right place for me. I have had T for over 2 years and I had finally gotten pretty used to it. But about ten days ago, for no apparent reason, the volume went through the roof as did the consistency. Its now all the time at a pretty high volume. I cannot sleep.

I dont know what to do, either about the T or the sleep. Is this the right forum for me? Anyone have any suggestions? Im truly desperate.

2. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Go and see an ENT.

Do u have hobbies? immerse yourself so that you are not aware of T.

3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Victor,

Welcome aboard.

It sounds like you are experiencing a spike. Have you taken any new medications recently? Been exposed to loud noise? Flown on an airplane? Been sick? Pulled any muscles? Been under stress? Getting enough sleep? All of these things could be the culprit behind this?

Have you had your ears checked lately? If not, maybe you should consider scheduling an appointment with an ENT. You may have wax build up and he can help you with that. If you go that route, you also may as well ask for a hearing test to see where you stand.

In the interim, the optimal thing to do is to remain calm and not let the ringing impact your nervous system, because that will only increase your anxiety level and add more fuel to the fire. As a matter of fact, my ear is ringing loudly as I type this to you now because I did not get a good night sleep last night. However, I am not letting it get to me because I could care less. The whole key is to manage tinnitus so it does not manage you! You will be fine... hopefully it will settle down for you shortly. Best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      If you still have trouble sleeping try playing natural sounds through the night set below your tinnitus sound.
      Your brain will focus on the lower sound and push your tinnitus sound to the background and help build up your brains natural filter to not see your tinnitus sound as a threat and ignore it.
      Ask your doctor about melatonin and see if that helps you sleep too...lots of love glynis