My Wife's Ears and Possible Miscarriage

Discussion in 'Support' started by RingingMike, Feb 23, 2016.

1. RingingMike

RingingMike Member

I've had tinnitus for 6 years so I know what my wife is going through. This might be TMI. My wife and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months now. Well 2 1/2 months ago she was 5 days late. Well I guess her period came afterwords. Her cramps are very mild everytime she gets her period. This time it was the worst cramps she ever had. She even passed out and her pad was full of dark blood. Since then Her ears have been plugged up and ringing. She also has more anxiety now. I'm just wondering could she have had a miscarriage and that's why she has plugged up ears and tinnitus?

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Hormones from pregnancy can cause tinnitus. At least that's what my ent told me. So I assume in your wife's case the hormones from an initial pregnancy could have caused tinnitus. That along with stress could be the causes for sure. I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage :(

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RingingMike

RingingMike Member

Thank you!

4. jb96734
      Cheeky

jb96734 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I developed T during my first trimester last year and experienced a miscarriage soon after in mid November. I'm pretty sure pregnancy hormones has caused this and sounds like your wife as well. My T seemed to be fading after the I miscarried naturally but started to get louder 2 weeks ago and I just found out I'm 8 weeks pregnant again. How is she doing now? When did she miscarry?

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RingingMike

RingingMike Member

It was Dec 3. It got better after a couple weeks but it seems when she gets anxiety that's when her ears will get plugged up and the tinnitus to get louder. She does have good days.

6. jb96734
      Cheeky

jb96734 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Good to know she has her good days and you both have each other to lean on. I hope it clears out soon as her hormones stabilize. This of course can vary with each person. My ears can feel clogged and I pop them when It does. Not sure if this will help her but she can give it a try? Has she seen an ENT?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RingingMike

RingingMike Member

Popping does help her. She has been to the ENT and he said she could have eustachian tube dysfunction. He said there was no wax build up.