Nausea from Mild Anxiety (Which Comes with Some Depression)... Any Solutions?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jul 25, 2018.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I need to get a prescription of Zofran for my nausea...unfortunately I ran out. That is one of the few things that work for me along with ginger capsules.

Unfortunately, they don't treat the initial cause. This has happened to me too much lately where I get just a little bit of anxiety and I start getting nauseated thereafter and sometimes constipated. I think it may have to do with adrenaline.

Anyone have any ideas of what might help? Would a beta blocker do any good?

Also, does anyone know of a natural supplement that would lower adrenaline?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      One other thing that helps me sometimes is water. It can lower stress and cortisol levels according to this website:
      https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/water-stress-reduction#1

3. BobbyH

BobbyH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustical trauma
      I can’t answer your other questions but I can answer this one. I’m not a doctor so this is only my experience with Propranolol, which is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers are old school blood pressure drugs, they lower your BP by lowering your heart rate. If you’re not used to them, they can actually cause nausea and dizziness. Another use is for anxiety to the extent it decreases the physical response to anxiety such as shaking or tremors. This is what I take it for. It really doesn’t help with the anxiety itself, it just helps with the physical shaking during anxiety. I take another med for the anxiety itself.

That’s my long answer to your short question. Hope that helps you.

Bobby

• Helpful Helpful x 1