Need Help With Forward Action

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Neil991, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Neil991
      Curious

Neil991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Hello dear friends,

I suddenly developed T one day in my sleep. This was in sept 2014. As far as I understand, it's in my right ear.

Problem is I have no clue why it happened. I have not been to any loud places. My ent found lots of ear wax in my right ear and removed it but it's been a couple of months and my T remains. Is it possible for ear wax to permanently damage hair cells ?

Also, I did an audio gram and my hearing is perfect according to the doctor. She said my hearing is even better than most people. (I'm 30 yrs old).

Couple of other clues I can give are:- I have low bp. Mostly 105/60 or 102/58 types. Borderline low. Can this be the cause? Should I try bp meds and see the situation with normal bp?

Secondly:- I have a kind of clicking noise in my jaw (I feel on the right side). Can jaw misalignment cause T?

I have not done any mri till date. My T is tolerable as of now but I don't want it to get worse and want to take pre emptive action.

Can anyone advice my next steps? My ent is taking this very lightly I feel. He's given me some melds called tinnex which is available in India along with vitamin tabs.

Warm regards
      Neil
      India.

2. Kara77

Kara77 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Hi Neil,
      A misaligned jaw can definitely cause tinnitus. I would see a dentist immidiatelty, they may fit you with a splint to help align your jaw. I had to go to several ENTs (should have seen a dentist first) until I was diagnosed with TMJ dysfunction but it all started with a clicking jaw for me... Along with facial pressure and headaches.

I hope you find relief soon!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Neil991
      Curious

Neil991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Hi Kara,

How are you now? Have they put a splint in your jaw? Also, if the splint manages to align the jaw, is it possible the ringing goes away for good?

Lastly and stupidly, does it hurt to put the splint?

I hope you are getting better.

Warm regards
      Neil

4. Kara77

Kara77 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Hi Neil,

I wear the splint at night and during the day when I feel like I'm clenching... I've only had it for almost two weeks and my swelling has already gone down. The swelling in my case is causing the major issues for me. Fortunatelty, tinnitus may go away if the jaw is correctly aligned!

The splint doesn't hurt at all but you might have a little muscle tension since it's correcting your jaw. I will let you know if I any major improvements. TMJ won't be cured in a day buuuut it's a condition that can be treated!

Good luck!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Neil991
      Curious

Neil991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Hi Kara,

Best of luck. I will also be visiting a dentist very soon. I heard one case where the T completely went away one the jaw was properly aligned! Hope that's the case for us too!

Good luck. Please updating me of your progress.

6. Kara77

Kara77 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Hi Neil!

Oh wow! I would love that! Let me know what your dentist says. I sure will, my head aches are finally going away and I'm hoping the ringing will die down as well. Keep being positive!!

7. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      @Kara77 may i ask what sound you hear? The strange thing with my is that when i replace my jaw down or
      sideward my T is almost gone even when i put my hand under my chin en push than its almost gone. Could this be TMJ also?

8. Kara77

Kara77 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      @sandra72 It's a high pitched ring in my right ear... I'm very congested right now and it making it worse... Hoping it will get better once my cold clears up! Definitely see a dentist and they can confirm it for you! TMJ can definitely cause ringing so check it out and tell them your symptoms!