Nervous :/

Discussion in 'Support' started by Maithe Marshall, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I keep getting hitting these highs and lows..
      One moment I feel like I will be okay that the infection has caused my T. I mean why would it come on so suddenly? I have no damaged hearing loss or anything.

Than I keep reading stuff online where it could be a viral or bacterial ear infection and it says stuff how it can cause T. It scares me..

I'm having another day ( where it could go okay or go really bad) I want to break down and cry again and feel bad for myself and keep wondering WHY this is happening to me...

How can I live like this forever..I feel like I'm not as strong like the people on this forum have been..

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      It will go away sweetie! You will be okay! And for some reason if it didnt you will come to terms with it and it will take time but things will get better and your t can always improve also if it doesnt fully go away.. Just stay positive as i know its hard too but the fact that you do have an ear infection there is tons of hope that it will go away once the infection is clear... My great uncle had an ear infection years ago and he told me that he had loud T for about a month and as soon as his infection was getting better his T went completely away! I pray this is the case for you too! Try to relax as much as possible.. And really try an get some anxiety meds cause they really help with the panic and anixety and all emotional thoughts! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Maithe everyone has a different experience adjusting so don't measure yourself to others. I'm am just starting to relax and have been prescribed xanax because my anxiety
      was so bad. One thing I have noticed in my
      self and people in general is we are capable of way more than we know. So even if for some reason you have it later you will handle it but since the doctor said you an infection and fluid in the ear these are very common causes of t. Talk to your doctor about anxiety or depression meds if you keep going like this. You will be fine either way. Stay positive it's a slow process it takes weeks for the fluid to drain from the ear so don't be alarmed if the t lingers for a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Hun, I'm 9 months in and still have these feelings - but I'm a hell of a lot better than those early weeks - I remember kneeling on the bathroom floor literally writing in agony because of the sound in my ears.

Have I had moments like that again? Yes.

But instead of crying, wanting to do myself in or stick an ice pick in my ear, I pick myself up, turn in some masking noises and pull myself together.

Yes, for now this is a sound that won't be going away. I still have bad days (sometimes more bad than good) but there is so much to be grateful when you really think about it.

I don't know your home situation, but I think you have a child, a partner ...no hearing loss you know of? That's lucky - you can still hear that baby of yours :)

I actually think that you are going to be one of the ones that it goes away for, so stay positive and take care of yourself xxx

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you so much..I know I keep posting forums but it just feels good to know I'm not alone..
      It's really hard for me..
      T is very scary in my opinion..it's funny how something like T can cause anxiety and depression, when you think about it we are always around sound and we don't have those feelings ( not sure if that made sense..)

It's been hard for to take this all in..especially when it happens suddenly..

@Grace @cullenbohannon

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you @Amelia! Yes no hearing loss at all or signs of damage in the ear ( what ENT said at least ) hoping it really goes away:/ but still nervous and don't want to get too excited that it may than later being more upset if it stays :/

7. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      It's a hard one - my ringing came on after being treated for a sinus infection and being told by my ENT to use a nasal douche/rinse. One night it really hurt (I think I forced the water up my nose too hard) and the ringing started after that.
      I'd hoped that once the water or whatever was trapped in my ear was gone my T would disappear.

But it didn't, and when it didn't I think that's why it hit me harder. I honestly wasn't too worried for the first few weeks or so.

I'm not saying this to scare you but I do wish id tried to get used to it sooner. I'm still a little bit in denial to be honest.

But again, your story sounds like there is a big reason for the ringing and once that's treated the T (just another symptom) will leave too :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey Maithe, many of this already have said this a few times to you within the past couple days: You really need to deal with your anxiety before you can move on to handling the rest of your tinnitus -- which very possibly may go away when this nasty infection you have heals.

Also, while forums and the Internet are wonderful things, at some point they can just ramp up your anxiety if you are spending too much time online. I suggest instead, spend some of that time taking relaxing walks, doing some meditation, and finding good medical professionals to help you.

Hugs, LadyDi

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014

Maithe I have dealt with depression and one thing that helped me are tedtalks videos on happiness. This one is particularly effective for me in the video the man Shawn achor refers to happiness and productivity in the business world but you can use the same tips for happiness in life I would recccomend anyone who is depressed look at these videos. There is an activity you do and it goes into more detail in the video but everyday for 21 days meditate and think about three things you are greatful for in your life. Anything at all something small or big. Do this for 21 days is enough to rewire your brain to think more positively about life. I would recccomend doing it beyond.The 21 days. Do it everyday. Many other videos on youtube search ted talks and happiness. heres the link
      TEDxBloomington - Shawn Achor - "The...

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you guys.
      I know I tend to really worry about things..
      I guess this is just really scary, especially since I've been used to having my parents being with me ( just moved out 7 months ago with them to live with my husband, he's in the military). So it's all been very stressful. I do really appreciate your guys help in making me feel like things will be okay.
      And giving me advice to cope. I think I will have to schedule an appointment with a dr to help me with anxiety and depression..and just hope for the best. @LadyDi @Amelia @cullenbohannon

11. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Have you move far from your parents?

And anytime you need, my inbox is always open xxx

12. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Maithe
      This is a normal reaction in the beginning, you know what is causing
      Your tinnitus and when the infection is gone your tinnitus may go away?
      Many here like myself cannot accurately say what caused the tinnitus?

13. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      "not sure if that made sense"
      That makes perfect sense, Maithe. It all has to do with what signal we put into the brain for the T ringing. The sound itself can be distracting or annoying but it shouldn't create so much fear and depression. As you say it is a noise, and many people face unbearable noises at work and they happily work a life time there (in the 3rd world at least) so that they can earn some money to feed the family. T noise can be high pitch, but in term of sheer volume & intensity, it cannot compare to the sounds of a pneumatic drill as in here:
      Jumbo Underground Drill

So if we don't treat it as a threat, then the brain will not fear it, and soon it will learn to fade it out of consciousness when you are busy. Just think if you sitting on a plane reading magazine, there are times you don't hear the loud jet engine noises. But if the pilot announce that one of the engine malfunction and the plane has to turn back, guess what, you will be scared to death will pay all your attention to the engine sound to make sure it will stay humming perfectly. No you won't fear the noise of the engine, you want it to keep on going and you will monitor it all the way back to the airport. It all depends on 'threat'. So try to find ways to alter our thinking that T is not a threat. Then you are home free.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I'm scared because my T makes my head feel fuzzy or weird..not sure if that made sense..it's been like this the last 2 days. Not sure if that's because I'm having a lot of anxiety or medication pumped in me at the moment..
      But it's causing more anxiety and depression @Denny @billie48