Neurological/Cognitive Recovery Post-Remission/Diminishment

Discussion in 'Support' started by mrbrightside614, Feb 2, 2020.

1. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      For those of whom experienced considerable lessening (to mild; not heard over everyday sounds e.g. television, nature) or complete remission, mentally speaking, how do/did you feel? Do you feel like you’ve returned to your baseline cognitive state? Do you feel like the psychological toll and identity suppression has done lasting damage to your person? @threefirefour @Jason C @MRItechssuck @Tom Cnyc @jjflyman

If anyone is aware of more users that have experienced this and still stick around the forums, could you tag them to weigh-in? I’m really concerned that my existing PTSD on top of this condition may do irreparable damage to my person, although I figure complete recovery once a desirable state has been achieved is probably comparable in length when measured against how long the suffering was endured.

2. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      I'd imagine if the tinnitus goes away or gets a lot better, the impact on cognitive issues like concentration would immediately improve.

It's been over a year from the first post... how are you @mrbrightside614 doing?